A Little Scared. . . (Prayer Request)

Lounge By Rose_N_Crantz Updated 23 Dec 2010 , 1:57pm by momg9

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:15am
post #1 of 10

Things aren't going so well at work. I've decided a long time ago that it's just not the place I want to be at permanently and I've been sending out resumes. In the last three days alone I applied to about a dozen jobs. Mostly online, but I went into a few places.

I have a feeling I'm going to be let go and while I think I've prepared myself for it, I still can't help but feel scared about it. I've never been fired before. I've always been a great employee at all my past jobs. At my current job I feel I've gotten as far as I want to go and the next logical step is to move on. I work at a grocery store bakery as a decorator, but I'm ready to take on bigger and better cakes. I've researched starting my own bakery, but I don't have the funds and while I think my area could support what I want to do, I don't think me and hubby could go a few years on basically just his income.

I've been praying a lot lately and I've had Luke 2 in my head a lot. I've heard the verses so much lately and our pastor did his sermon on it last week. He reiterated what he spoke about the week before too. The most often heard phrase from angels in the bible is "do not be afraid". I feel that God is preparing me for something and is telling me to not be afraid. But I can't help but be a little nervous.

I just wanted to put some of my feelings out there, hoping it will help me cope a little better. My prayer request is just for me to not be afraid, and for something to happen soon on the job situation.

Thanks for listening, cake family!!

9 replies
anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:17am
post #2 of 10

You are in my prayers! Trust him to lead you!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:28am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

For God hath not given you the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Now I'll grant you that that last bit is perhaps going a little far even for God icon_lol.gif

No no no but that's a good verse.

I don't know *why I'm reminded of this but here goes:

We had a high of thirty below on the thermometer, not the wind chill one Sunday and we got to church somehow and the preacher started and he goes--

This is the Day which the LORD hath made...<pause pause>
nobody's perfect icon_lol.gif

* yes I do --I love irreverence!

(((BIG GIANT HUG)))

Been laid off several times--once right before Christmas and I couldn't even feel sorry myself because the girl next to me who also just got laid off had like two house payments left and her house would be paid off or something--so I was more sorry for her.

Anyhow it is scary a bit--and watch like crazy for depression--exercise more or something to keep it at bay.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 3:21am
post #4 of 10

Sending you {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} You will get through whatever comes your way.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 10

Oh Rose.....so sorry to hear about your situation. The uncertainty and waiting is very stressful (I've been there myself). Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 2:10am
post #6 of 10

Lost of prayers coming your way.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks everybody! It appears I still have a job, haven't heard too much from the boss, so no news is good news right?

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 11:13am
post #8 of 10

You will be in my prayers, but please know that you are not alone. Many people here on CC are more then willing to provide a shoulder to cry on. This is a wonderful place to come for support, it's like having a huge family of sisters. So here is sending ((((HUGS)))) your way, and I hope your situation turns to a less stressful one for you.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 12:22pm
post #9 of 10

First turn your mindset around: being laid off is NOT the same as being "fired".

between hubby and me, we went thru 5 downsizings. At one of them, I was 60% of the household income, so that was quite a hit when that position was eliminated.

But remember that God doesn't give you more than you can carry. A recent addition to my quote collection is from Joyce Meyer: "Find the treasure in your trial". In each of our downsizings, we can look back and see something positive that happened. For example, had I not been laid off from the great paying job, I would have been on a plane to a trade show in Vegas the minute my first grandchild was born. ..... being there was something worth more than any paycheck in the world.

If you've never been unemployed before, it can be a rough transition, but remember, its just a transition. Keep plugging away at the resumes. Don't overlook temp agencies either .... they also place for permanent positions and I like it when they are looking for the job FOR me! thumbs_up.gif

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 1:57pm
post #10 of 10

I will be praying for you. My husband had lost his job in 2002 and had not had a steady job until last month. What I learned through it was that God is our provision, not a paycheck. He provides in ways that I could never imagine and sometimes miraculously. I would not give up the past 8 years for anything and am so thankful for what the Lord has taught me and how He has drawn me closer to Him.

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
(Php 4:19)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%