Paypal Invoicing

Business By Jenniferkay Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 3:35pm by chrisyboy81

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 8

has anyone used? I cancelled with Intuit b/c I really wasn't doing enough in credit card volume to off set the fees. I've done a couple of invoices to clients and it seems no one is paying. Now I don't know if people are missing the email, brushing it off or what. One client emailed asking how to pay and I said she should've received her email and if not let me know right away since it's a new system to me and I'm working out all the kinks and I didn't hear anything. One invoice was paid...so I know it can happen! It just seems that all the rest are lost...or ignored. icon_cry.gif

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 8

I use the invoicing every now and then. I have a "Make a Payment" button on my website that links to PayPal. Easy.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 8

I use paypal occasionally without any sort of problems. It's possible that the email goes to the spam folder, so it might be getting missed.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 8

We use Paypal invoicing as well, with no problems so far. I agree with the PP, it might be getting sent to a spam folder or something. I would stay on top of things if I were you, and if they haven't paid in a reasonable amount of time, you might have to require cash payment.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 3:27am
post #5 of 8

I also have a pay now link on my website that connects my customers to paypal. Never had a problem.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 5:03am
post #6 of 8

i have used the paypal invoice as well, havent had any problems. if u dont get payment by due date i would email or call them. then they can pay right away and u arent waiting for a check to clear!

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 8

after I wrote this 2 of my 5 paid! LOL! I'm gonna send reminders to the other 3 since it's been 48hrs. Also from now on I'm going to set a time frame for payment due. No payee, no cakee. Thanks for your replies on your experience. I hadn't used it before and coming off of using a virtual terminal with Intuit to doing a plain "request money" invoice on Paypal I was a little nervous.

chrisyboy81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisyboy81 Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:35pm
post #8 of 8

Hey Jennifer,

My girlfriend uses Paypal a lot when sending out invoices. It works really well for her and most customers already have accounts thanks to ebay.

Where it costs money is when she transfers the money to her bank account. I've heard that Google shopping cart is cheaper for transactions and offers online invoicing and I think we're going to give it a try, so happy to let you know how we get on.

I think the biggest downside of Google though is that some people are beginning to think Google is too big these days and turning away from it but we'll soon find out icon_smile.gif

Chris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%