Figurine Help Please !!!

Decorating By Christine1219 Updated 8 Dec 2010 , 2:44am by Christine1219

Christine1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine1219 Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 3:44am
post #1 of 3

Hello my new friends of CC

I am looking to make a figurine for a cake toper on a fondant covered cake. I have never attempted this and I am very unsure what the best medium to use is? Is sugar paste the same as gumpaste? What about pastillage? What is the best type of food coloring to use? I was told that sponge cake was best to use? I would prefer to have more flavor in my cake than that..

Any thoughts or tutorials or helpful hints for a newbe would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

~Christine

2 replies
Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 3

i like using a fondant with tylose or a blend of fondant/gumpaste for figures. i often use toothpicks or bamboo skewers to support my figures, i like gel food colors. but i also use some of my airbrush colors for fine details to be painted on by hand. as for cake-depends on how big, if it's a carved cake or not, what flavor your customer prefers. if you check out the recipie section here, you will find tons of great recicpies with reviews. sometimes it just comes down to personal preference!!
good luck and have fun!! thumbs_up.gif

Christine1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine1219 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:44am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead

i like using a fondant with tylose or a blend of fondant/gumpaste for figures. i often use toothpicks or bamboo skewers to support my figures, i like gel food colors. but i also use some of my airbrush colors for fine details to be painted on by hand. as for cake-depends on how big, if it's a carved cake or not, what flavor your customer prefers. if you check out the recipie section here, you will find tons of great recicpies with reviews. sometimes it just comes down to personal preference!!
good luck and have fun!! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks so much for your assistance Motorhead !! Looking forward to making my first figurines !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%