How To Get A Neon Effect?

Decorating By dandygrl34 Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 10:00pm by cownsj

dandygrl34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandygrl34 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a TRON cake for my son's birthday and I am wondering the best way to get a neon effect like the blue on black for the TRON logo. Any suggestions?

3 replies
ranae5463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranae5463 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

If you go to the search tab and search "neon" you can find some in the photo gallery that might work. Looks mostly done like a neon sign with fondant. The one I am thinking of is done by marrisaz2004. Don't know if that's the look you mean only with the Tron colors, but it's really cool.

ranae5463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranae5463 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 4

If you go to the search tab and search "neon" you can find some in the photo gallery that might work. Looks mostly done like a neon sign with fondant. The one I am thinking of is done by marrisaz2004. Don't know if that's the look you mean only with the Tron colors, but it's really cool.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 4

I followed your suggestion ranae5463, and did a search for neon. A few cakes popped out at me as looking like neon so I cliced on them. Very cool looking and each seemed to just used neon colors in their frosting which surprised me. You can get the liquid neon colors by McCormick on the grocery shelf. Hope this helps some....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%