Badger Airbrush System

Decorating By BosCakes Updated 7 Dec 2010 , 5:52pm by Malakin

BosCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BosCakes Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 4

My local cake store is offering 2 different Badger Complete Airbrush Systems- the Whirlwind with dual-action brush for $179.99 and the Cyclone with dual-action brush and large cup for $199.99. Are either of these good deals, or should I just go with geraldine's (creative cutters) complete system for $140? I'm a beginner airbrusher, but I don't want to put money into one and end up wanting a better one a few months down the line. $200 is my max, so i can't get the Airmaster. Thanks!

3 replies
BosCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BosCakes Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 4

Santa needs to know anyone's advice...anyone? Please?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 4

I know nothing about the Geraldine's system. I have the Badger Cyclone compressor and a Badger Crescendo dual-action airbrush. I have bought an Iwata airbrush that I much prefer - just needed a different hose to connect to the Cyclone. My biggest complaint with the Badger airbrush is (believe it or not) that it doesn't have a cover on the pigment cup. The Cyclone is LOUD but it does the job. My compressor did not come with a pressure gauge or moisture trap - I had to buy those separately. I have taken several airbrush classes and like the small compressors I have seen from Harbor Freight - they have several models for under $100 that have the gauges. Bronwen used them for students in her airbrush class. TCP Global sells several decent dual-action airbrushes (with covers on the pigment cups LOL) for under $50.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 4

I haven't had any chance to use either of those systems. I received for xmas two years ago the complete airbrush system from TCP Global and didn't have to buy anything extra. It's pretty quiet, great pressures, and even came with the whole set of Americolors for approx. $160.00 with shipping included.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%