Recipe For Icing That Taste Like Pillsbury/ducan Hines

Baking By Kimscot24 Updated 7 Dec 2010 , 12:51am by Karen421

Kimscot24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimscot24 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 8

Hello! I'm looking for a recipe that resembles the store bought containers of frosting. I can't seem to find one that comes close enough to it. I'm tired of the regular buttercream from Wiltons. Any ideas would be much appricaited!
Thanks so much!

7 replies
visionsofprisms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
visionsofprisms Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 8

Everyone on here raves about IndyDebi's Buttercream. I have yet to try it, and I am going to try it this week. But everyone raves about it.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 8

Why would you want something that tastes like canned, artificial icing icon_confused.gif There are a million recipes on here, do a search for buttercream and test out a few - you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy they are to make and the taste.

Good Luck!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

Why would you want something that tastes like canned, artificial icing icon_confused.gif There are a million recipes on here, do a search for buttercream and test out a few - you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy they are to make and the taste.

Good Luck!

My thoughts exactly!!

BluntlySpeakingKarma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 8

I just threw up in my mouth.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 8

Kimmers971 - I couldn't have said it better.

visionsofprisms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
visionsofprisms Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 12:35am
post #7 of 8

I think what the op is refering too is a frosting that isn't over powering sweet. A lot of buttercream frostings are as a lot of people put it " Rot your teeth out sweet", I think she is just looking for a frosting that is less sweet. I get that request a lot from people.

A lot of people don't like extremely sweet frosting and they ask me if I have a frosting more like the store bought can stuff. What they mean after i ask them to explain is that they don't want something so sweet.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 12:51am
post #8 of 8

I use Indydebi's buttercream and I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%