Creases In My Fondant On A Round Cake

Decorating By VickieDeBlas Updated 4 Dec 2010 , 8:28am by brincess_b

VickieDeBlas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickieDeBlas Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:53am
post #1 of 5

When putting the fondant on a round cake, I end up with creases.....Any suggestions?

4 replies
sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 6:37am
post #2 of 5

There are a lot of good videos on the Wilton site or youtube that walk you through it - check them out to make sure you are doing it right...it takes practice - everyone I do gets a little better, but after 6 months, I am still perfecting it.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 6:45am
post #3 of 5

Practice, practice, practice!!!!! And watch some Youtube videos. Toedna, who is on here too, has a ton of great tutorials on Youtube. And I just started using ganache under my fondant, wow, it makes all the difference in the world!!!!

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 7:22am
post #4 of 5

Make sure the cake settles. It's best to let that happen a room temperature.

I have a bad habit of putting my cakes in the freezer after about an hour. Not a problem if it's all buttercream or ganache.

It's been huge bad news for me when I need clean lines for fondant. The cake thaws and then those creases show up.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 8:28am
post #5 of 5

when smoothing it, start from the top and work your way down and round. like smooth the top edge all round, then smooth the next half inch down, and work your way round. definatly a case of practice makes perfect.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%