Making Gelatin Poinsettas...need Info

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 3:49am by Loucinda

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 4

Okay so I have been wanting to do this technique like FOREVER, but I am too cheap to do something new until I actually have an order...I know some of you who are anal retentive are screaming...WHAT! ...LOL!

So I have an order to make the gelatin poinsettas in 2 weeks. I have the impression molds and the wire, I attended a demo on them so I am pretty confident I can make them with ease...HOWEVER, I lost the information sheet that tells the gelatin recipe to make them. I know you use much less water (or at least I think you do). If you make gelatin bows, butterflies, and flowers often can you give a girl a hand and forward me your gelatin recipe. Also, I can't remember if you treat the mold with something for easy release or if you don't put anything on it. The demo was back in March so, I don't remember all the little details anymore. Ugh... Okay, blast away. But believe me I will conquer this task and do it well. icon_wink.gif

3 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 12:46am
post #2 of 4
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 2:51am
post #3 of 4

Thanks Loucinda!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 3:49am
post #4 of 4

You're welcome! No, do not grease the mat, just paint the gelatin on there, it will release itself as it dries.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%