Ideas For A Pawn Shop Cake

Decorating By Twilmore Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 8:34am by IgemZ

Twilmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twilmore Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:37am
post #1 of 7

I am doing cupcakes for a pawn shop opening. Any ideas on how to decorate them besides jewelry?

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 6:05am
post #2 of 7

Way back in the day, you knew a storefront was a pawn shop by the three round lights hanging above the door.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 12:38am
post #3 of 7

Everytime I walk into a pawn shop, I see instruments (guitars) and electronics. I think TV's, cameras, Ipods etc.. and that sort of thing are the main business...Maybe do that sort of display case. Also, "Buy, sell or pawn" signs....

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 1:10am
post #4 of 7

Do they have a logo? Maybe you can put the logo on top -lets say- so and so pawnshop we buy gold- and then put a bunch of stuff that would normally be in a pawnshop. Although, now that I have seen that pawnshop show I guess pawnshop stuff could be anything. good luck. hth

MJ2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJ2008 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 1:17am
post #5 of 7

I'd definitely use their logo (if they have one) or name. Otherwise, you can find just about anything in a pawn shop. My dad owns one and he has jewelry, antiques, ipods, guitars (lots of those), tools, laptops, cameras, and just about anything else you can think of. If they aren't being any more specific than "for a pawn shop" I'd probably just put a bunch of random items on it.

Twilmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twilmore Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all the ideas. i plan on making a cake with the logo for the top of the cupcake stand. I love the idea for instruments and ipods. I will definitely use them.

IgemZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IgemZ Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 8:34am
post #7 of 7

When I think pawnshop I think money. if it wasn't cupcakes I'd say go with something like a money cake with their logo and different things added as decorations such as gold, etc..http://www.themoneycake.com/index.php?page=photo-galleries

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%