Take A Moment...

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 2 Dec 2010 , 3:07pm by -K8memphis

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 13

I have a small request to everyone that still has a grandparent. Take a moment and go see them or call them up, tell them you love them.

Please don't put it off, especially in this busy holiday season! You never know when you'll lose that chance to spend time with them, talk to them or tell them just one more time how you feel about them.

Last Wednesday my grandma went into the hospital, and on Monday she was moved into Hospice. She is my last grandparent and one that was always present in my life, so it is very hard for us.

Please, for me and my family, take a moment and tell those wonderful people in your lives just how much they mean to you.

12 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 13

TexasSugar, you're absolutely right.

I no longer have the luxury of having parents or grandparents around, nor have I for a very long time.

So, whenever I close a telephone call, or walk away from someone I love, I say "Love You" instead of See Ya or Bye.

That habit has passed on to my son, my sisters, all my nieces and nephews, plus all their friends who also call me their aunt. My extended family is huge.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

AnitaKay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnitaKay Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 13

I also love this technology age we live in now, especially texting. Every morning as soon as I get to work I send all 3 of my adult kids a text telling them Good Morning! I love you! Have a wonderful day! They don't always take the time to text back but they all 3 are calling if I don't send it one day to see what is wrong with Mom. It is such an easy way to let them know how I feel.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 13

I agree with this .. I lost my first grandpa in May of 2007, then my second grandpa in July of 2007. That same weekend I lost my second grandpa, my DH's grandpa passed. It was unreal how fast they were all gone from us. Take the time to tell them you love them.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 13

God bless you, CakeBuddy, and your sweet Grandmother, family & friends.

Love & Prayers,
Kate

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 13

I had the honour of having my Grandfather for 24 years of my life. He was an extraordinary man with so much wisdom. I miss him every single day. My Mom passed away 4 years after my Grandfather. Her passing was so sudden, I still feel that longing for her everyday. What I would do for just one more hug! It never gets easier (people who say that makes me want to throttle them), it's just different.

I talk to my sister every single day and I tell her every single day that I love her. I didn't get to tell my mom that and I will never make that mistake again.

I'm so sorry for everyone that has lost a loved one. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 13

TexasSugar, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma's illness. I'll be thinking of you.

I lost my grandfather when I was 5 and my grandmother when I was 9 and I miss her still, 40 years later, especially at this time of year. I remind people all the time how very lucky they are if they have their grandparents into their adulthood, including my DD who, at 24, still has 3 living grandparents.

TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 13

Thank you! My grandmother passed away this afternoon about an hour after I posted this. So please let me remind everyone, make phone calls because you just never know.

Grandma lived 84 years, moved over here from Germany with my Grandpa and a 2 year about 60 years ago. Neither spoke English when they moved here, but they both worked hard to provide for their family. She was an awesome lady, loved and respected by many people and definitely will be missed by all that knew her.

Rachel5370 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel5370 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:54pm
post #9 of 13

I know all too well the importance of saying "I love you" everytime you part ways with someone you love. I am sure many of us know that first hand as well. Even if they storm out angry, call them, text them, chase them down the street, and say it!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:58pm
post #10 of 13

TexasSugar,

I am so sorry to hear of your grandmother's death. I lost my grandparents many years ago and still miss their presence in my day to day life. Thank you for your reminder to let those we love know they are loved and held dearly in our lives and hearts. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:44am
post #11 of 13

I'm so sorry for your loss.

TexasSugar Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:34pm
post #12 of 13

Thank you everyone. Your thoughts and prayers are definitely appreciated.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:07pm
post #13 of 13

The memories get sweeter and sweeter.
God bless you & the family.
<heart>

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%