Buttercream Transfers.. Confused

Decorating By Crazboutcakes Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 2:53pm by TexasSugar

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 4

Haven't done to many of these but I have seen many BCT on CC and youtube ect, but not sure how one can be completely flat icon_confused.gif and the other raise off the cake icon_eek.gif a little where you have to fill it in using BC so you don't see the edges. Am I missing something or is one s transfer sheet done by a machine and the other done by hand, examples, could you shed some light on this? icon_cry.gif Thanks


3 replies
tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 4

It looks to me like the second one was done as a regular RI transfer then overpiped with the outlines.

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 4

The first cake says that it is done in BC. However the second cake says that it is royal icing. I would assume that the RI was done similar to the flooding method used for cookies, thus giving it a smoother appearance. I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts on it. HTH thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

As was said above, the second picture is a royal icing transfer.

To answer how the FBCT can be flat on the cake, they basically do the FBCT the size of the whole cake and lay that over the top of the cake, rather than just the picture they wanted to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%