Piping Chocolate

Decorating By ahmommy Updated 21 Jan 2007 , 8:19pm by Wendoger

ahmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahmommy Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 5

So I tried to make a cake topper by piping white chocolate and it didn't work AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried using a piping bag and decorating tips and that didn't work because the chocolate would just run out of the bag. Then I tried to use a thingy (for lack of a better word), okay, it is a plastic tube that has a screw on top with an open tip on it. Kind of like the ketchup bottles you see sometimes in restaurants. Not the kind the ketchup comes in originally, but the kind the restaurant people put it in. Sorry, I am sleepy from staying up all night with a cake disaster ( see 50th anniversary cake disaster in forum). Does anyone have a suggestion?? Oh yeah, I didn't tell you what I was trying to pipe. DUH!! I wanted to make a 50

4 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 5

I use parchment triangles to pipe chocolate. No tip, just cut to the desired size. I would probably use a smallish hole and do an outline, then snip it bigger to fill in.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:03am
post #3 of 5

Let your chocolate sit for a while until it starts to firm up again. Then, you can outline with it more easily. There's a pretty small window between slightly firm and completely set up, so work fast. You'll probably have to force some already hardened chocolate out of the tip before you get to the slightly firmed up stuff.

kaurislapsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaurislapsi Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 8:02am
post #4 of 5

I use parchment triangles too or I put couple pieces of chocolate to a mini grip plastic bag and nuke it in the microwayowen at 30 sec on a time. When it's melted I cut a little piece away from the corner and just pipe. Easy to toss away when done too.

Jenni

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 5

Sounds like ya need to let it set up for a bit.
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%