Christmas Cookies

Baking By agconner Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 9:45pm by TexasSugar

agconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agconner Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:22am
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone could help me, you know those little round cookies you get at Christmas that are covered in sprinkles. You only really see them in bakeries and in those multi packs of cookies you get at Christmas. Anyone have and idea what they are called so I can find a recipe. Thanks in advance!!!

6 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:28am
post #2 of 7

There are several cookies that are round and have sprinkles. Two that come to mind are sugar cookies, which are pretty common. Or Spritz Cookies, which are made with a press machine. Without a picture it's hard to visualize exactly what you are referring to.

agconner Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:43am
post #3 of 7

They aren't sugar cookies, well I don't think they are because they aren't flat, they are ball shaped. I'm looking for a picture.

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:45am
post #4 of 7

Spritz cookies were the first thing that came to mind for me as well, I used to work in the bakery at Albertsons and the spritz cookies were my absolute favorite item we carried - they always had sprinkles on them.

agconner Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:50am
post #5 of 7

Thanks guys. I'm thinking that they are spritz cookies, I will try those. Do you have to use a cookie press to make them or can you just drop them like chocolate chip cookies?

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:56am
post #6 of 7

you can do drops, but spritz dough is pretty squishy and it will be kind of a mess, I don't have a cookie press either and have used a large star tip in a pastry bag with great results (and super speedy to whip them out this way)....I'm on day two of a cruel diet and now I'm obsessing about spritz cookies, lol icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 7

http://www.google.com/images?q=spritz+cookies&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USicon_surprised.giffficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=YcH2TNT4FIW8lQfn0uX-BQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CEoQsAQwAg&biw=1024&bih=576

These are some pictures of spritz cookies. We make them every year for Christmas. They are sorta delicate little cookies and the recipe I use has orange zest and juice. I've only ever used a cookie press for them.

We generally do the trees with sprinkles on them. Then we do the wreaths, with a piece of the green or red candy cherries in the middle. My grandma would do red and green m&m's in the middle of her wreaths so I plan on doing some like that this year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%