Making Fondant Boys....can Anyone Recommend A Good Tutorial?

Decorating By drakegore Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 8:29pm by drakegore

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:36am
post #1 of 9

The one's listed on rylanty's fabulous list are no longer working (for bodies, the face ones are great!) and my you tube searches and my forum searching didn't yield much (i may have been searching using bad parameters, i don't know).

I've never done people before and i have to make a boy (surfing no less...). i am really intimidated by the whole thing icon_smile.gif.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

thank you!
diane

8 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 9

I love fondant modeling. Aine2 is the best person I know for modeling tutorials. Her work is amazing. I don't know if she has any tutorials for a boy, but the process would be basically the same, male or female, just different proportions.
Another really good source is the Polymer Clay books. Debbie Brown has some good books too.

saraujo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraujo Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:54am
post #4 of 9

I agree with Price the tutorials that Aine2 has are the best and very easy to follow.

drakegore Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 9

aine2's videos are fantastic and thanks to her i can whip out fondant dogs like nobody's business, lol, but i can't find a tutorial of her's that covers boys/men (found one with a baby boy, but that's not what i need). am i missing one of her's on the web?

which book by debbie brown is best for people?

thank you for all the help!

diane

saraujo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraujo Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 9

Her tutorial called "Daddy's girl" has a man made out of fondant and "puppy love" also has a boy in it. I think if you know how to make those you pretty much can make any person. Not sure what exactly you are looking for? Hope this helps!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 9

I have 5 of Debbie Brown's books. The one titled "50 Easy Party Cakes" has a boy laying on his back on top of the cake. He is in a soccer uniform. Like I said, I also recommend the polymer clay books, they are very helpful.

drakegore Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by saraujo

Her tutorial called "Daddy's girl" has a man made out of fondant and "puppy love" also has a boy in it. I think if you know how to make those you pretty much can make any person. Not sure what exactly you are looking for? Hope this helps!

thank you! i totally discounted "daddy's girl" and "puppy love" because of the name. thank you again!

diane

drakegore Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:29pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price

I have 5 of Debbie Brown's books. The one titled "50 Easy Party Cakes" has a boy laying on his back on top of the cake. He is in a soccer uniform. Like I said, I also recommend the polymer clay books, they are very helpful.

i already cleaned out my library's polymer clay books, but they didn't have what i needed in their inventory. i am sure they are out there but my library consortium doesn't have any good ones. they do have the 50 easy party cakes and i am all over it!!!! thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%