? Re: Christmas Shaped Cake Balls/pops

Decorating By sugarspice Updated 29 Nov 2010 , 9:23pm by iheartcupkakes

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 3

I am looking for tips on how to make shaped cake balls/pops. I am thinking of patting the cake ball "dough" into a jelly roll pan and using cookie cutters to cut it out. Then dip and add some accents with RI or buttercream-like eyes, buttons on a snowman, etc. Would the RI details come off easily?
Wondering if this will work? Would they be thick enuf to put a stick in for a pop-this would be easier dipping and a better coating?
How has anyone else done this?? I was hoping this would be quicker than shaping by hand...thoughts???
thanks!!

2 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 3

Check out Bakerella's website. She has some good tutorials on this. I think if the consistency of your cake balls are firm enough, it should hold up to using a cutter.
Good luck!

iheartcupkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartcupkakes Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 3

yes i have done this.. u just have to make sure the "dough" is rolled to about 1/2 inch or more.. put sticks in with chocolate, then freeze well.. i also have done RI on them and it holds up pretty good.. have fun cant wait to see how they turn out.. and check out bakerella's site or book icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%