Christmas Thank You Cake For Daycar Staff

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 2:27am by cakesrock

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 4:36am
post #1 of 7

I want to make a Christmas themed thank you cake for my kids's daycare staff. Last year I did a present cake. But this year I have no idea what to do. I was thinking a Christmas tree with decorations with their names on them or Santa's bag of presents with their names on choc presents (lots of work, though)!.. I'd appreciate any ideas... TIA!

6 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 4:42am
post #2 of 7

did you take a look through the christmas gallery? On the first few pages there is a santa stuck in a chimney (feet in the air), christmas tree, stocking (could do this with presents falling out), christmas ornaments, snowman, cup of hot cocoa, christmas lights wrapped around the cake. The possibilities are endless.
I highly suggest taking a look in the christmas gallery. There was also a christmas cake contest so look in the contest section of the galleries too.

cakesrock Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

did you take a look through the christmas gallery? On the first few pages there is a santa stuck in a chimney (feet in the air), christmas tree, stocking (could do this with presents falling out), christmas ornaments, snowman, cup of hot cocoa, christmas lights wrapped around the cake. The possibilities are endless.
I highly suggest taking a look in the christmas gallery. There was also a christmas cake contest so look in the contest section of the galleries too.

Thanks for the ideas.. I always look through the galleries, but this time, nothing really jumped out at me...I guess because I have done the stocking, snowman, present and all that before. And I want something a little different- and I really want to individualize it with all their names or at least a place I can put the name of the daycare. And I should mention, like everyone, I have a lot to do right now and I don't want anything too time consuming. I also have another b-day cake this month. Maybe the tree (or cupcake tree) is the way to go. But I'm open to other ideas! Thanks!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 7

A cake with christmas baubles on it? 3D baubles would be great, or you could do them 2D - then you could put each name on one?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 7

i didn't get a picture of it, but one year for our center piece i used the wilton cupcake holder
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EN6HD2/?tag=cakecentral-20

and took a strand of lights and some green garland and put it on the stand before i put the cupcakes (decorated with a star tip in green so it looked like branches coming from the center of the stand) and then i put ornaments on the cupcakes and hanging from the stand. You could put each childs name on the cupcakes on some decoration (bear, present, car, star, etc...)

jody30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jody30 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry I have no idea's, but had to say Hi as we are both from Calgary AB.. do "HI"... with this site being so big it so nice to met someone else from Calgary..

cakesrock Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 2:27am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody30

Sorry I have no idea's, but had to say Hi as we are both from Calgary AB.. do "HI"... with this site being so big it so nice to met someone else from Calgary..

Hi and welcome to CC! Always nice to meet another Cowtowner on line. We can exchange ideas on where to get stuff!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%