Airbrush A Fondant Cake, Some Advice Please!!!

Decorating By arielelle Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 1:42am by DerrellC

arielelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arielelle Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 1:27am
post #1 of 2

Hello, Recently I bought an airbrush and I am going to airbrush the sides of the cake and put some fondant stripes over it. Its going to be like the sunset with skyline in black fondant. I would like to know how long in advance do I have to airbrush the fondant??? should I airbrush de day before and do the rest of the decorations the following day??? is it enought to dry during the night and start with the decoration of the rest of the cake after that?? I heard that after airbrush the fondant could be fluffy and soft, is it right??? could some one experienced in airbrushing give me some advice???? thank you very much....any suggestion how to do??? icon_lol.gif

1 reply
DerrellC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DerrellC Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 1:42am
post #2 of 2

I have never had a problem with airbrushing causing fondent to soften.The secret to using an airbrush is practice, and use several dry,dusting coats instead of a single heavy coat.Using Americolor, coats dry in 5 to 10 minuets and you can keep adding coats to come up to the shade you want.At that time a slightly heavier coat can be applied. Good luck,and don't give up, Derrell

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%