Is Fondx Better Than Satin Ice?

Decorating By cakeastic Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 6:04am by cupadeecakes

cakeastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeastic Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 7

I've been using SI for a while now. Like many others, i have had a number of problems with it (tearing, elephant skin etc..) and i really have no problem with its taste. But ive heard that Fondx is really easy to cover cakes with and tastes great. Do you think i should convert? Can u pls write the pros and cons of Fondx. Thanks alot!

6 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 7

I have used both and I think I like Fondx a bit more. It is easier to work with and I dont get the tearing and elephant issues as with SI. I do however buy the premade blk and red SI.

I would suggest for you to try Fondx and compare the 2...but if I could choose...I would go with fondx

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 7

I only use fondx now, and I love it!
SI (especially the colored fondant) would dry and crack really fast...
and fondx is very user friendly.
I defintely recommend it icon_smile.gif
Jodi

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 7

I wanted to try out Fondex, and Fonderrific, (sp?) but they cost way more $$ the SI. I cant justify the cost yet...Yes SI has its problems, but other than Wilton, and making it yourself its the way to go cost wise IMO.

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 3:09am
post #5 of 7

I went to Bensalem, PA and got 2 10 lb tubs of Fondx. I opened the one tub and my DH and daughter loved the taste. I have yet to cover a cake with it but I will soon. I also noticed that the Fondx has an exp date. I have not seen an exp date on fondant before. Luckly I will need to use it soon.

D

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 3:25am
post #6 of 7

fondx is better than satin ice

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 6:04am
post #7 of 7

I like Fondx and Fondarific better than SI, although I Still use it. Fondx is really stretchy and I have never had "elephant skin" problems with it. I do use the black Fondx exclusively.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%