The Big Build Started Today...

Business By sweetonyouzz Updated 30 Dec 2010 , 3:01am by icer101

sweetonyouzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetonyouzz Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 3:32am
post #1 of 13

Hubby is ripping apart the basement as I type. If all goes well I should be ready for inspection within a month! It is not going to be a beautiful as some of the lovely kitchens that the other gals have but it is going to be legal. I am so anxious to get going!! I am thinking that I should stock up on gumpaste flowers with all the down time!!

12 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 3:48am
post #2 of 13

Congrats...this is exciting icon_smile.gif

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 3:50am
post #3 of 13

Congratulations. It's great to have a legal space for your work. I hope you are enjoying that space soon.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 3:55am
post #4 of 13

so happy for you. good luck !!!

sweetonyouzz Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 3:57am
post #5 of 13

thanks! I have been baking out of a rented space and I have taken 2 months off as I have one daughter who just moved out with her fiance and is overdue as we speak and one daughter who is getting married on New Years Eve and wants...her fresh flowers for the wedding made by mom...her centerpieces made by mom...and last but not least her 16 layer Sex in the City Cake ...made by mom..lol..(really I do not mind and I love my daughter but it is kind of head spinning!)

I am going a little crazy as I was doing a lot of orders and now I have a list of brides waiting for their consults for next year and here I sit...not able to bake and losing out on the Christmas baking season!!

Patience....

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 13

Congratulations! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now....such exciting times for you and your family!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 13

I want to be happy for you but today I am jealous pea freaking green jealous.

However~~~

Hope it is even more fantastic that you thought it would be and all your inspections and cakes are most blessed.

sweetonyouzz Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:28am
post #8 of 13

thanks so much for all your wonderful thoughts!!

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:47am
post #9 of 13

How exciting for you!! Congrats! icon_smile.gif

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 10:28pm
post #10 of 13

I look around my house and daydream about where my "cake studio" will be someday...the basement, sunroom or garage... I can't wait for the day to come when I can start ripping the house apart icon_lol.gif I am sooo happy for you and wish you the best! thumbs_up.gif

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 10:50pm
post #11 of 13

I clicked on this thread thinking it was about a large gingerbread house project....can you tell what's been on my mind today?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Good luck with your new studio/kitchen!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:24am
post #12 of 13

So, how is it going? I'd love an update! Any unplanned expenses? Hitches or bumps? I am starting a build and I would love some pointers and advice!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:01am
post #13 of 13

congratulations, i am so happy for you. hope you have a lot of cakes to decorate. and make lots of money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%