Cake Cricut

Decorating By Savybee Updated 26 Dec 2010 , 5:41pm by Savybee

Savybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Savybee Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:21am
post #61 of 128

So if i got it i really would not have any problems?????

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 12:02pm
post #62 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savybee

Oh, you'll hanve problems util you learn how to use it, don't kid yourself. It isn't as easy as the commercials make it look. You have to be willing to take the time to learn how to use it.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:11pm
post #63 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

Oh, you'll hanve problems util you learn how to use it, don't kid yourself. It isn't as easy as the commercials make it look. You have to be willing to take the time to learn how to use it.

There is definately a lot of trial and error. It's not as easy as taking it out of the box and making perfect cuts every time. If you don't have patience it isn't the machine for you.

Savybee Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:22pm
post #64 of 128

tiggy2- I have patience and I have the scrap booking circuit.
Does any know any good deals going on now or soon?

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 10:05pm
post #65 of 128
Quote:

tiggy2- I have patience and I have the scrap booking circuit.
Does any know any good deals going on now or soon?

If you have the scrapbooking cricut it will work perfectly. The method was invented using the Cricut Expression. I took a class and we used the Cricut Create (small cricut) and it worked perfectly. I have the first DVD that shows how to modify the cricut machine. You don't need to invest in a new machine, what you have will work.

tiggy2 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 10:12pm
post #66 of 128

AS long as you don't use glitter paper in your scrapbooking cricut you can use it.

Savybee Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 11:38pm
post #67 of 128

Ok. I will try. I heard that you should change the blade or soething when putting fondant in the machine for scrap booking is that true? And does anyone use there scrap booking cricut for cake??

tiggy2 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:12am
post #68 of 128

Yes, you need the deep cut housing and blade. I used the cricut expression for gumpaste and fondant with tylose. You need to clean the blade often as the fondant/gumpste will build up in it.

anjaligg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anjaligg Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:12am
post #69 of 128

Where are the best deals to get cricut cake these days? All michaels close to where I am in NJ are out of cricut cake. I am even considering cricut cake mini. Thanks!

ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:21am
post #70 of 128

Well Joann's has them on the hush hush ... $199 for both the full and mini sizes... I just picked one up yesterday. Hobby Lobby has them but they are still $399

ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:29am
post #71 of 128

Also Ladies... Michael's confirmed finally that it is being discontinued (Cake Cricut) what they won't say is if there is new one coming out which I have read a low buzz about online. There is a video on youtube on how to convert a cricut expression into a cricut cake. I have the personal cutter (the small one) and after cutting out cupcake wrappers, the card stock left behind some "fuzz" so I won't be running any gum paste thru that machine.... I have the cricut cake under the tree so on dec 26th I will report back on my experiences lol!

Savybee Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 10:35pm
post #72 of 128

ChunkkeeMunkkee are you totally sure that the cake circuit wont exist any more?? When will it be discontinued???

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:24pm
post #73 of 128

I just bought the cricut cake mini. Other than the size of the machine what else is different. are there designs that I wont be able to do? will I be able to do only small stuff?

bakencake Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:25pm
post #74 of 128

should I take it back and buy the bigger one?

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:46am
post #75 of 128

I really don't post here often but wanted to ask a question about the cricut cake as I just got one...kind of "meant to be" situation. Michaels here in Canada had them for $249. they also had the cartridges for $20. but none in stock so I got a rain check.
Long story short I was in Michaels today asking aobu the rain check and was told "Michaels will no longer be selling the CAKE cricut, Martha Stewart now has the machine." That is why the machines and cartridges etc. are all selling so cheaply, I was able to get the last of their blades (3 packages of 2) for $5. Wish they had the mat's left!
Apparently the Martha mats and cartridges WILL fit the cake cricut. The Provo Craft site still lists it and it's supplies.
I was able to get cartridges on-line for $20. (US) each, hope the shipping won't kill me!
I've never used one of those machines so I expect quite a learning curve to it. I am excited about the possibilities with it though.
So in this area, Walmart is the only place to get them for $299.

Savybee Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:38am
post #76 of 128

Oh no! How much is the martha stewart one????? Is it cheaper the same or more?? IM MAD! Why get rid of a machine that will sell and is great!!!
bakencake: You could return it but you don't have to. You can make the same designs. Just the other circuit is bigger. And the designs can be bigger. But if you make HUGE HUGE cakes like really big then get the new one!!
Hope this helps!
Also if anyone sees a really good deal on cake for cricut let me know!! Pleas just pm me. I really want to get it! I don't cake if its the mint one or big one.
Thanks,
savybee

pokeyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pokeyanne Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:02am
post #77 of 128

I just got a mini personal one on Thanksgiving night at Michales for 59.00.(paper cutter not cake) Today Amazon had the Martha Stewart cake one on their lightening deals for 199.00 with free shipping so I picked that one up as well. Needless to say I'll be doing lots of cutting in the new year. icon_smile.gif

Savybee Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:16am
post #78 of 128

WHY are they getting rid of the cake cricut? whats the problem???

costumeczar Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 1:04pm
post #79 of 128
Quote:

WHY are they getting rid of the cake ? whats the problem???

They're not getting rid of it, but Martha Stewart has made some agreement with them to slap her name on it and raise the price. They're getting rid of the models that are out there because they don't have the "Martha" brand on it, and as a result are obviously not as good (I'm being very sarcastic there)

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 1:13pm
post #80 of 128

costumeczar is right...Martha now has the rights to the machine and will be selling it under her name. Not sure if it will be in any stores or not. All of her things will still fit the cricut cake apparently and vice versa. She has 3 cartridges out already and they run about $80. or so...none of these things are available in Canada yet I don't believe.
The machine is still made by the same company (Provo Craft).
As long as people can still get mats, blades etc. I don't see why anyone would be concerned with their purchase.

anjaligg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anjaligg Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:48pm
post #81 of 128

How come only Michaels is clearing the cricut cake. AC Moore and other places are still selling it! I wonder if they will go on clearance everywhere eventually!

ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 9:49pm
post #82 of 128

Taigen, thanks for the info... YOU ARE RIGHT! I found the link.... they are now going to be sold as Martha Stewarts machine (and cartridges) which means they will be expensive a ^&%$. And if you guys didn't know there is now a Faith based cartridge that was launched via WALMART.

http://www.craftcritique.com/2010/11/vendor-review-giveaway-martha-stewart.html

costumeczar Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 9:51pm
post #83 of 128

Check out my blog today, there's one on sale and I linked to it

adonoflio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonoflio Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 11:46am
post #84 of 128

Amazon.com has both versions (red & Martha Stewart). Martha's was actually $40 cheaper ($229). Also, here is a link for anyone buying a new machine - you get an apron and 2 cartridges! icon_biggrin.gif

[/url]

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 2:32pm
post #85 of 128

I thought I missed out on the Black Friday deal at JoAnns,,, they told me the next morning (Saturday) that the Cricut Cake Mini was back up to regular price ($199).

I just happened to stop by JoAnn's yesterday and guess what.......The Cricut Cake Mini is $99 through December 24th. Guess who's on her way to JoAnn's in about an hour?!?!? Merry Christmas!

Also, all die cutting accessories were 40% off... so that should cover the mats and extra blades. Yeah !!

Savybee Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 6:42pm
post #86 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessert1st

I thought I missed out on the Black Friday deal at JoAnns,,, they told me the next morning (Saturday) that the Cake Mini was back up to regular price ($199).

I just happened to stop by JoAnn's yesterday and guess what.......The Cake Mini is $99 through December 24th. Guess who's on her way to JoAnn's in about an hour?!?!? Merry Christmas!

Also, all die cutting accessories were 40% off... so that should cover the mats and extra blades. Yeah !!

I went on JoAnns.com and I only saw the regular one. Can you only get it at the store??????? [/b]

Aeropanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeropanda Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 1:31am
post #87 of 128

Just Called the closest JoAnn's. Apparently, the sale is December 2nd through December 4th instead of through December 24th. I'm over an hour away, so no Cricut Cake Mini for me!

bakencake Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 1:56am
post #88 of 128
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:42 am   Reply with quoteBack to top
dessert1st wrote:
I thought I missed out on the Black Friday deal at JoAnns,,, they told me the next morning (Saturday) that the Cake Mini was back up to regular price ($199).

I just happened to stop by JoAnn's yesterday and guess what.......The Cake Mini is $99 through December 24th. Guess who's on her way to JoAnn's in about an hour?!?!? Merry Christmas!

I went on JoAnns.com and I only saw the regular one. Can you only get it at the store??????? [/b]

YESSSS!! I just got back from Joanns and got my cake mini for $99. They dont advertise it because it's a leftover from blackfriday. if you have a minute i have a story.
*here is sotry*
I ordered a cake mini online from Joanns on black friday, a week later I got an email telling me it was out of stock. icon_cry.gif I went to store yesterday and they told me that they still had some.
*end of story*
Good luck!

Christine1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine1219 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 2:40am
post #89 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani1081

Does anyone know if the machines intended for paper and scrapbooking can be used for fondant sheets? If they can, is there an advantage to getting the cake machine over the regular machine (which is always cheaper on sale)?

From what I have found out the Cricut mahines are the same. The Cricut Caks is FDA approved as everything in it is stainless steel and food safe. The Cricut Expression is not FDA approved. It is also necessary to use a DEEP housing blade.

If anyone has any tutorials on a demo using the Expression as a Cake or specifics on thickness of fondant, pressure of machine such that would be wondnerful to see on here !!

tiggy2 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 3:59am
post #90 of 128

You use it the same way you use the cake cricut, with the same pressure and speed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%