Dropped My Cake--Advice For Cleaning Carpet?

Lounge By cakegirl1973 Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 1:11am by costumeczar

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 7

Hello! Just dropped my Thanksgiving cake (white with BC) on the carpeting. I am makng a bigger mess trying to clean it up. The soapy water is just making a big BC paste. How best to clean this up? TIA!

6 replies
JackiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackiesCreations Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 7

Hi cakegirl, do you own a shammy? It's this spongey bright orange cloth (made in Germany) that soaks up ANYTHING so long as it's dampened. That's what I use, works every time, red wine, fizzy drinks, anything. If you don't, use an alternative, something absorbent? I really don't know what else, sorry? All the best!

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 7

We have a black lab in our house. That usually does the trick

Scarlets-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 7

You're going to need to have it professionally cleaned, or at the very least rent a carpet cleaner. Lots and lots of hot water! Over and over and over.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 7

I would pick up as much of it as possible with paper towels, then sprinkle corn starch over the grease spots and rub it in, then vacuum it up and repeat. You'll need to let it dry before you can try that though.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinmarie

We have a black lab in our house. That usually does the trick

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif robinmarie, our black lab was nicknamed Hoover and not for Herbert icon_smile.gif.

cakegirl383, some Oxyclean might do the trick. Mix it with hot water and soak the spot then suck it up with a carpet cleaner or shop vac. I'm sorry about your cake.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 1:11am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I would pick up as much of it as possible with paper towels, then sprinkle corn starch over the grease spots and rub it in, then vacuum it up and repeat. You'll need to let it dry before you can try that though.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Dry it out as much as possible. Coincidentally, I also did a review of some carpet cleaning spray on my blog today. If there's a stain this stuff will get it out. http://acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/2010/11/another-product-review-folex-spray.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%