Check These Out!!

Baking By Charmed Updated 8 Dec 2010 , 8:03pm by Charmed

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:21am
post #1 of 36

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TG3R4Wku4l4/TKenHww5zcI/AAAAAAAAAIo/kLvw7OjSnlc/s1600/bolacha+neve+1.jpg
these are so beautifu and so detailedl!! wish I knew how it is done but just wanted to share with you. anyone has ideas on how it is done?

35 replies
MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:25am
post #2 of 36

wow! those are something else!
the shading on them makes me think that they're printed on an edible printer on frosting sheets or wafer paper and then put on the cookie, maybe on top of some icing?
thanks for sharing!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eperales0411 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eperales0411 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:32am
post #4 of 36

I agree with MariaK38, all the detail and shading on these cookies give the apprearence of being printed with edible ink and paper. Unless the person that made these cookies has amazing art skills and patients!! thumbs_up.gif

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:53am
post #5 of 36

Don't think its edible if you look close you can see its painted. Wish I had half those skills

imagenthatnj Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:56am
post #6 of 36

I think they're painted too, with a brush, colorants and whatever else...much like a painter paints on canvas, and that might be why they look 2D, with some areas raised more than others.

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:58am
post #7 of 36

But how would she get the textured look on santas beard ? A few of them look like parts of the designs are raised higher than the other parts. Beautiful work, however she might have done it.

imagenthatnj Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:59am
post #8 of 36

I speak Spanish...and her language is very close to mine.

She has this note under one of the cookies:

PS: Essas bolachas NÃO são feitas com papel arroz.São pintadas a mão sobre o glacê

I understand this. It says "These cookies are NOT made with rice paper. They are hand-painted with glacé."

imagenthatnj Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:03am
post #9 of 36

"sobre o glacé" might also mean they are "hand-painted on glacé." It could be that she puts royal icing on, and then paints on top of that royal icing with additional colored royal icing, making sure it's not smooth but a little bit coarse.

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:12am
post #10 of 36

so I went to her blog and she teaches classes how to make the cookies. Not edible images. I think its sugar paste on the cookie then its painted and shaded with airbrush.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:14am
post #11 of 36

Ya I think hand-painted on royal. There's a little crack down on the slipper looks like royal to me. I'm gonna try these too but Im going to put a little hole in the top to put ribbon through to hang on the tree. Something that takes this much work needs to be around a while.

tania9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tania9 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:14am
post #12 of 36

Google can translate the page

The Christmas cookies are 6 for $89.. wow .. but I don't know if that's $89 USD
and it also says that "PS: These cookies are NOT made with paper arroz.São hand painted on the icing"

She is so talented!

imagenthatnj Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:18am
post #13 of 36

LOL. Tania, those translations make me laugh so hard. Half english, half spanish (papel arroz), some portuguese. I have a friend who uses those to translate my spanish book pages into english, and we laugh when I get the translation. Thank goodness this is only one line!

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:33am
post #14 of 36

Wow! That is some talent! I'm going to ask my mom to call this lady and see if she can put her classes on a DVD for us here in the US.
BTW...the currency there is not US Dollars is call Real. All you have to do is find out how much the Dollar is worth over there now. (over there would be Brazil)

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:48am
post #15 of 36

OMG this is just amazing, I wish I had a fraction of her talent. I really hope she makes a DVD tutorial...

Charmed Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 5:14am
post #16 of 36

the cookies look kind of dark unlike the cutout sugar cookies....maybe they are gingerbread cookies? nah gingerbread is much darker. or maybe rolled honey cookies... I like the DVD Idea thumbs_up.gif

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 6:42am
post #17 of 36

89 Reals = 51.65 dollars! Her clients aren't from my neck of the woods! But I'd say they are worth it!

VeraMadeira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeraMadeira Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:10am
post #18 of 36

Hi I'm Camilla, daughter of Vera Madeira. I'm using google translate because I do not speak English. Sorry for any mistake. My mother and I found this link because the blog has accused many visits. Mamy thanks for the compliments and comments by her work. Cookies are painted with edible ink on icing. Here in Brazil called Royal Icing. Did not use any print or edible paper. Are painted like a painter paints a picture screen. They take 3 hours to paint everything and get ready. The value of each cookie is $ 10.5 dollar (small) and R $ 14.05 (large). To make the course is not necessary to know how to paint. All students can paint like my mom. Unfortunately we do not work with handouts or DVD's. I want to thank again the affection of everyone here. Kisses

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:19am
post #19 of 36

Beautiful cookies! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:23am
post #20 of 36

Your mother does beautiful work. Thank you for coming in here to post to us. I wish I had just a tiny bit of her talent.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:03am
post #21 of 36

Those are the most beautiful cookies I've ever seen! I could never eat one....too pretty.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:00pm
post #22 of 36

Everytime I look at them I think, "these are such beautiful cards", not cookies, but cards. They remind of the Christmas cards from the 50's and 60's, and I just love those vintage cards. Then to realize these are cookies, just blows me away each time I look at them. They are so beautiful.

VeraMadeira Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 5:28pm
post #23 of 36

Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you all. You are so loving ... Thank you. Mamy is here thanks again to everyone. kisses thumbs_up.gif

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:19am
post #24 of 36

Hi Camilla welcome to CC, and thank you for joining the CC family.
Your mother is a talented artist, and you probably are too.
Please consider making simple video tutorials on a public site like youtube, and please consider making DVD tutorials in long term so we can lear from you guys.

VeraMadeira Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 5:31am
post #25 of 36

Thank you for the welcome! My mother was very happy to read all posts. I'll try and post a video on youtube. Thank you so much !!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

honuwebd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honuwebd Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 5:36pm
post #26 of 36

Lindo! Thank you for sharing, these are wonderful!

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 6:31pm
post #27 of 36

You can get the art over at pc crafters. There is a term of use policy on the are 200 per calendar year.

Shelly Comensky I believe is the artist. Carolee Jones is the other.

Brenda41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brenda41 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:01pm
post #28 of 36

Imagenthatnj is right. These cookies are hand-painted as is explained on the webpage.

Charmed Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 7:38pm
post #29 of 36

Welcome camilla to CC thanks for sharing this with us. May I ask what kind of cookies are these?

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 8:53pm
post #30 of 36

Beautiful cookies. I love the translation too! But your words are so kind, we get the meaning of it.

For those of us who do not have this wonderful talent, we could use rice paper and then paint details on top of it, like the surface texture of Santa's beard. I do not own an edible printer, but more and more seeing something like this makes we wish I had.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%