Cookie Press!

Baking By MissFluff Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 11:44am by Evoir

MissFluff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissFluff Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 7:14am
post #1 of 5

I have been given (a lot!) of baking supplies from my second cousin after his mom passed away. Among those were three or four cookie presses. Among them were the Wilton Cookie Pro (I think I got that right!) and a Pampered Chef one.

I have never used a cookie press, but I have been looking around at some and secretly hoping that I would get one for Christmas. icon_biggrin.gif Does it matter what kind of dough you put in them (like cold, room temp, ect?). I have never used one and have no idea how!

My cousin has one that my Mom said she used her cookie press to make cute little tops on her deviled eggs, but she didn't get a picture. icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 10:14am
post #2 of 5

I have had most success with a chilled dough. There are usually recipes with the cookie press. But probably more online!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 5

Look up recipes for Spritz cookies. That should give you some idea of what a recipe needs to go through a press.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 5

Spritz recipes don't contain any baking soda or powder. Helps them maintain their shape wile baking. Cream Cheese Spritz or Jello Spritz are the best. The flavor combos are endless! I have the same cookie press that I used as a kid, and it never fails me. These are fun cookies to make! icon_smile.gif

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 11:44am
post #5 of 5

Hey thanks for that info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%