I Need Help Finding A New Commercial Kitchen Space.

Business By ohgateaux Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 3:52am by homebasedbaking

ohgateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohgateaux Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 3

A quick backstory about my current woes: I recently partnered up with another individual to open a bakery. Yesterday, he dropped out of the deal due to his health. I understand, but I am absolutely crushed. We were about a month out from opening!

I feel like at this point my only option is to find and rent a shared commercial kitchen, since I don't have all the capital I need to go with our old business model, but I can't find any in my area! I live in Marietta, GA.

The only kitchen I have found listed online is in Suwanee, which is just way too much of a drive. There's listings for a Marietta shared kitchen, however it appears to be closed.

If anyone knows of any shared kitchens in my area, I'd really appreciate it. Any other options are welcomed as well... Georgia is a pretty tough state to try and open a home business in, however, and unfortunately they don't allow use of another business's kitchen.

2 replies
cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:29am
post #2 of 3

I'm not from your area so I don't know any place specific but just a suggestion - you might want to try local community centers, churches, etc...places that might have a licensed commercial kitchen that doesn't get much use. That's how I found the kitchen I'm renting here. I contacted a local community center that rents space for events and has a commercial kitchen. They had never rented out just the kitchen before but we worked it all out.

Good Luck!

homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homebasedbaking Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 3:52am
post #3 of 3

Shared Kitchens now has 2 locations to serve you, the new location is Shared Kitchens in Decatur!

The new facility is located at 215 Laredo Drive, Decatur, GA 30030. Here is the website http://www.sharedkitchens.com/ and please take a peek at this link, so you will know what questions to ask the owner. You may download the checklist free: http://bit.ly/aMeVXx

Good luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%