Need Help With My New Pans, Please!

Baking By Ellyane Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 12:47am by JanH

Ellyane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellyane Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 4

I got some new pans, and they don't seem to cook the same way -
they are Magic Line rounds, 3" high. They take FOREVER to bake in, but I'm comparing them of course to my old non-stick Wilton pans, only 1.5" high. So I understand that they need to cook for longer, but I'm also wondering if I should reduce the temperature, because the outside of the cake seems to cook really quickly, and the middle stays gooey for a long time.
Can anyone advise me on how to fix this?
Thanks!!

3 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 4

I would try reducing the temp and cooking for longer, Have a practise run to see how that holds up, I cook all my cakes in halfs anyway so they cook better x

SweetKath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetKath Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 12:02am
post #3 of 4

I've been baking with the 8x3" pan for about a month. It definitely takes longer to bake! Fill the pan about 2/3 full (slightly less)- use flower nail & heat wraps, and parchment in bottom of pan. Bake on 300 degrees for 20-25minutes then turn up to 325 degrees. I've been finding the total baking time is about 1hr of 15minutes for me using Kakeladi's WASC recipe. Also, remember to let it cool longer in the pan - it will stick/fall apart if not (ask me how I know that!) Good luck!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 12:47am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%