Ganache

Decorating By cab333 Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 3:23am by sillywabbitz

cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 5:29am
post #1 of 12

I am wondering if I can ganache a frozen cake? Will the fact that it is frozen ruin the ganache in any way?

11 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 12

I'd make sure there are no ice crystals on the cake.

The ganache will set up super fast...so be prepared.

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:34am
post #3 of 12

Does anybody know of where I could get a ganache chart that would show how much mix I would need for different sized cakes?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:48am
post #4 of 12

There's nothing like that around.

But when you make one, please post it for us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:00am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

There's nothing like that around.

But when you make one, please post it for us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif I might work one out myself and post it. I was just hoping someone had done the hard work for me, he-he-he... gets hard when you're doing a few and want to do some ganache the night before & set it aside.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:20am
post #6 of 12

Always make more than you think you need, nothing worse than running out and you can always eat the leftovers! yum

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:31am
post #7 of 12

I would like to know too. I am making some right now for tomorrow's cake. I am gonna make a ton and use teh leftover my daughter's cake in two weeks. If I have leftovers that is. icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:02am
post #8 of 12

I really didn't want the leftovers because I don't do many cakes and it means that some profits are lost really - it tastes real good but I could do without the extra sugar intake at the moment.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:26am
post #9 of 12

I just made a 10 inch cake and used almost 800g of white chocolate using a 3 to 1 ratio with cream to fill and frost. One layer of filling. I only had a tiny bit left over. There's a start for your chart!

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:46am
post #10 of 12

I use the leftovers; if any for truffles. They freeze really well.

Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:04am
post #11 of 12

Actually I had some mint ganache in the fridge for about 2 weeks and then decided I would'nt need it so I froze it.. but given the fact I'll now have to heat it a little to soften it etc etc, is that too much temp changing for 1 item - should I be throwing it in the trash?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:23am
post #12 of 12

When I was trying to figure out how much ganache I needed I looked at the Wilton chart that showed how much frosting I needed to ice the cake. I made that much ganache and I was a bit short.
I was using setting ganache which uses a 2 to 1 choc to cream ratio and that made just under 3 cups of ganache. So definately make a bit more than you need because it is a pain to need 1/2 a cup more than you have.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%