Where To Buy Decorating Supplies?

Decorating By hollyheartscuppycakes Updated 27 Nov 2010 , 1:40am by Perpz

hollyheartscuppycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyheartscuppycakes Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 8

Hi
So I live in Skagit County-Washington state and I've just started baking. The only places that I've found that sell supplies are Michaels and grocery stores. Does anyone know where I could find a specialty store or where to go to locate one? I found great stuff online but shipping can be so expensive.

Thanks for the help!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 8

i was in walmart the other day, and they have started selling cake supplies and decorations! yes it's true-but i found them over by the craft supplies!! i'm from Canada, but i'm sure you must have a bulk food store there somewhere? we have Bulk Barn and they carry alot of Wilton supplies often alot cheeper than Micheals. HTH! happy hunting!! icon_biggrin.gif

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 8

Michaels selks cake supplies also.

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 8

I buy my cake supplies on line, there are lots of places....global sugar art, cakes by sam, bakers kitchen are my favorites icon_smile.gif

poochynooch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poochynooch Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 8

I run a cake decorating supply store just over the line in Port Coquitlam, - take a look: wwwfortheloveofcake.net
I ship to the states.

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 8

Walmart has started carrying alot of basic supplies for about $2 cheaper them michaels but with michaels coupons it's a better deal to shop there. There is a small bakery near me that sells some things other then that I just shop online. Search local bakeries or online to find the best deals!

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 8

I have ordered from cakesbysam.com good service!

Perpz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Perpz Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 1:40am
post #8 of 8

What if you want to buy in bulk? will we get special discounts in these stores? from canada as well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%