Printers

Decorating By elliegails Updated 17 Nov 2010 , 2:55pm by gingerbreadtogo

elliegails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliegails Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have suggestions on the best printer to purchase with the use of frosting sheets and/or wafer paper sheets? I have a bakery in a small town and would like to have this option for cookies and cakes. However, I see there is a HUGE price range, and I have learned with regular printers, sometimes the ink is the biggest expense. Would love to know your thoughts. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
sweetonyouzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetonyouzz Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 5

I have an epson nx415 from Kopycake. It is expensive but it also scans. The inks can be refilled as well. It works beautiful and if you have any issues KK has great customer service as well. I use it for rice and icing sheets. Hope this helps!

elliegails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliegails Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 2:09am
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion...any ideas for where to purchase, or should I just search KK?

mrsfoxxy2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfoxxy2u Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 5:54am
post #4 of 5

i love my epson nx510, i prefer icing sheets, wafer paper works but just seems to fragile in my experiance. just like sweetonyouzz said, its expensive, but be sure to get one with a scanner, i also love that i can wirelessly send an image to my printer from my compter. the ink is also expensive, it is refillable, i keep refills for emergencys since they are a bit of a pain to fill in the middle of a project i like to just put in a new cartridge. the icing sheets aren't exactly yummy, but have such a lovely effect that as long as you put your image on something tasty it wont matter. tips....clear piping gel in a thin layer adheres well to fondant, cookies, sugar etc. dont use water...the sheets are thin and will begin to melt, fondant thinned tends to leave wrinkles or bubbles...most important NEVER USE the printer with anything but edible ink and edible sheets, if you did you would be contaminating the edible projects, no matter how well you clean it! sometimes the epsons like to get a little fiesty and insist you are not using epson compatible ink..ignore it, because lets face it, we aren't using epson ink!!! kopycake is the best, they have a cross reference sheet so you are sure to get the right cartridge for which ever printer you choose!!! love mine and recommend it highly, have fun and good luck!!! icon_smile.gif

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 5

Check Icing Images, they carry all the supplies as well as kopykake.. I have found Icing Images customer service much better than kopykake..just my opinion..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%