How To Make A Cake With Moving People

Decorating By hmwarntjes Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 8:15am by tinygoose

hmwarntjes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmwarntjes Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:29am
post #1 of 3

so this year for a relay for life activity we are doing a cake competition. I am a pretty experienced cake decorator, and i am experienced with fondant so i want to make a really cool cake. My idea is the recreate the track where the event will take place and i think that it would be awesome to have gumpaste or fondant figures actually moving around the track! However, I have no clue how to do this. Any ideas, suggestions, or input? It would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
strathmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strathmore Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 7:14am
post #2 of 3

HMM thats a hard one. I think that just having the figurines on a track would be enough ? Perhaps magnets on the bottom of the figures and a fondant covered board with a little motorised car with a magnet on the top underneath on top of a board so that it pulls the figures around ?? I can't see that being edible unless its all gumpaste !! You might have to ask Duff on this one icon_lol.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:15am
post #3 of 3

Duff used to use parts from a disco ball to turn things. I heard that he has a better source for that now, but I don't know who. You might want to start at Radio Shack, or Home Depot, those guys can get really excited about helping you when you tell them it's for a cake.... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%