Multi Coloured Bear Grass

Decorating By lesleybread Updated 7 May 2012 , 6:24pm by Sassy82

lesleybread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesleybread Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone tell me where I can buy coloured artificial bear grass, I've seen it on other peoples cakes in blues and pinks and reds and all sorts of colours but I can not find a supplier. Can anyone help? icon_confused.gif

5 replies
Sassy82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy82 Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 1:40am
post #2 of 6

HI LESLEY !! I know this post is old.. BUT I'm in the same boat right now.. looking for blue artificial bear grass for a wedding cake i have due for next week.. Did you have any luck finding a supplier??

Thank you for your time..

-Cindy icon_biggrin.gif

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 6

Try e-bay, I've bought green, golden, pink, brown, cream and purple from there. Also blue was available.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 6

I can get some from my local (non chain) party supply store. Try something like that?

OK I was just googling and it's hard to find the bear grass because too many links for plants come up... but try ONION GRASS BLUE FAKE and you get some good hits icon_smile.gif

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 6

I just found perhaps a bear grass substitute: flat florist wire in colors:
http://www.wedding-flowers-and-reception-ideas.com/oasis-flat-wire.html
In fact that site has many wires and other things that you could use on cakes. Of course, they need to be put in a coffee stirrer or straw to protect the cake.

Sassy82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy82 Posted 7 May 2012 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 6

AWESOME shanter !! That flat wire looks like a great decor addition for cakes.. LOVE IT !! thumbs_up.gif

I found the Bear Grass at my local Michaels Arts and Crafts store =)

waiting for it to be shipped from the UK was not an option for me since the cake was do ASAP!

And to color the Bear Grass I used DESIGN MASTER spray paint , Also found at Michaels icon_rolleyes.gif So HAPPY I FOUND IT LOCALLY..

Here's the cake & Bear Grass
LL
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%