Holiday Candy Exchange 2010

Sugar Work By Melvira Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 12:01am by hellie0h

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:01pm
post #31 of 126

Ok, I've added all these awesome recipes and the ideas posted, all the way up to adamsgma's bark suggestions. You guys are wonderful to share. We love it!!

Now, that fudge, marshmallow, caramel monstrosity that cupcakeatheart told us about... GIRLFRIEND... there are not words to describe how good that sounds. For the google doc I nicknamed your creation "Triple Threat" because that's exactly what it is. If you do not like that name, please tell me. I just wanted to give it a name for the doc so we had something to refer to it as! Or if you come up with something else that you like better, just tell me and I'll change it immediately. I just thought that title perfectly described what it is! And, may I add... I both love and loathe you for planting that seed in my head. I think Iwant to try it with the middle layer being home made marshmallow! And I make very delicious home made caramel, so with the awesome fudge recipes shared here... I'm pretty sure this will be the most wonderful thing I've ever eaten! icon_biggrin.gif

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:06pm
post #32 of 126

[/quote]

Maaan, I trusted you to keep that information just between you and me!! How COULD you!? It's true! My name is Melissa... I'm addicted to recipes. Some days while my kids are sleeping, I pour out all the little cards on the bed and roll around in them. You really don't want to know what happens after that!

icon_eek.gif Woah, Mel, let's keep this a family thread. Hehehe.[/quote]

LOL! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:09pm
post #33 of 126

I know divinecc... I'm an absoulte doofus, aren't I? I've said before and I'll say it again, I can take a thread off subject faster than two rabbits... um... er... come on... didn't I just say we're trying to keep it clean here? Sheesh! icon_lol.gif

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:18pm
post #34 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok, I've added all these awesome recipes and the ideas posted, all the way up to adamsgma's bark suggestions. You guys are wonderful to share. We love it!!

Now, that fudge, marshmallow, caramel monstrosity that cupcakeatheart told us about... GIRLFRIEND... there are not words to describe how good that sounds. For the google doc I nicknamed your creation "Triple Threat" because that's exactly what it is. If you do not like that name, please tell me. I just wanted to give it a name for the doc so we had something to refer to it as! Or if you come up with something else that you like better, just tell me and I'll change it immediately. I just thought that title perfectly described what it is! And, may I add... I both love and loathe you for planting that seed in my head. I think Iwant to try it with the middle layer being home made marshmallow! And I make very delicious home made caramel, so with the awesome fudge recipes shared here... I'm pretty sure this will be the most wonderful thing I've ever eaten! icon_biggrin.gif

I LOVE it! I haven't been able to think of a name because everytime I think about how good it tasted I went into a candy coma icon_lol.gif Triple Threat it is! Thanks!

Melvira Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:25pm
post #35 of 126

YAY!! I'm glad you like that. Sometimes ya gotta be careful, you don't want to step on toes, but I figured I could at least call it that until you officially picked a name! icon_lol.gif

I think it's perfect because you know it IS a triple threat. And I think the peanut butter fudge idea sounds awesome too! mmmmmmmm

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:26pm
post #36 of 126

love the bark idea....going to have to try that this year!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:19pm
post #37 of 126

I tried this for Thanksgiving and it was a hugh hit icon_smile.gif)

Cinnamon-Chocolate Fudge!

With the Holidays fast approaching its time to start thinking about your favorite Holiday goodies!
I tried this new fudge recipe and it was delicious!
Its very melt in your mouth- creamy goodness.
Its also super simple.

Ingredients
Butter, for greasing the pan
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 pound (about 2 cups) bittersweet (60 percent cocoa) chocolate chips (recommended: Ghiradelli) see Cook's Note
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
Kosher or flake salt, optional
Note::::I used the bittersweet chocolate
And also sprinkled some of the flake sea salt on a few rows of the fudge it was very good both ways!
Directions
Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 by 8-inch baking pan. Line the pan with a sheet of parchment paper, about 14-inches long and 7-inches wide, allowing the excess to overhang the sides. Set aside
In a medium glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips and butter. Put the bowl on a saucepan of barely simmering water and mix until the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is smooth, about 6 to 8 minutes (mixture will be thick). Using spatula, scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with salt, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm.
Run a warm knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the fudge. Remove the fudge to a cutting board. Peel off the parchment paper and cut the fudge into 1-inch pieces. Store refrigerated in an airtight container or freeze.
Cook's Note: The fudge can also be made using 1 pound (about 2 1/2 cups) of semisweet chocolate chips. I suggest using the bittersweet the flavor is Amazing!
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

bubblywhitewine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblywhitewine Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:23pm
post #38 of 126

I am so going to try some of these!!! I can see the pounds going to the hips right now!!

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:48pm
post #39 of 126

Well, this isn't MY recipe, but I plan to make up several batches this year. Everyone I know if getting this as a gift. icon_smile.gif SO cute! http://cookiesandcups.blogspot.com/2010/12/santa-party-mix.html

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 12:24am
post #40 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringFlour

Well, this isn't MY recipe, but I plan to make up several batches this year. Everyone I know if getting this as a gift. icon_smile.gif SO cute! http://cookiesandcups.blogspot.com/2010/12/santa-party-mix.html

Those look SO CUTE! I'm no fan of Bugles but these are so adorable I might make a concession and get some.

Melvira thanks for posting the Google doc...my friends and family are going to get so fat these holidays!

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:11am
post #41 of 126

SpringFlour...Oh thanks so much for posting that link ..I have been looking for just one more "something" to finish off my Holiday baskets ..that's perfect !!

njusaguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njusaguy Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:27am
post #42 of 126

This sounds odd, but the combination of sweet and salty is really delicious. Even people who don't like white chocolate scarf these up. And very easy to make (just don't overheat your chocolate, and don't substitute white chocolate chips for the baking chocolate--they're different animals).

White Chocolate Candy Cookies

Ingredients:
1 lb. white baking chocolate
1 cup rice krispies
1 cup peanut butter cap'n crunch
1 cup colored miniature marshmallows (use regular if you can't find colored)
1 12 oz jar roasted peanuts

Directions:
Gently melt chocolate over double boiler
Toss all dry ingredients together in large bowl. Pour chocolate over mix and stir with a spatula. Drop by tsp onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Let chocolate set and enjoy.

divinecc Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:04am
post #43 of 126

Okay I have a couple favorites I make every year and everyone nuts over them! I have pics of a batch I made of the Snickers.......

"SNICKERS" (MOCK RECIPE)
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I've used chunky before and it is good too)
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups salted peanuts, chopped
1 (14 ounce) package caramels
1/4 cup whipping cream

1-Melt together 1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips, and 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter then spread on bottom of 9 X 13 cake pan lined with parchment (only bottom not the sides) Put in refrigerator to set up while next layer is prepared.
2- Boil 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup evaporated milk together for 5 minutes.
3- Take off stove and add 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme, 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 1/2 cups salted and chopped peanuts.
4- Pour over first layer that was chilling then place back in fridge.
5- On low-med melt 14 ounces of caramels with 1/4 cup whipping creme until smooth (this takes awhile but be patient or your caramel will go hard if it gets too hot) then pour over second layer that is chilling (do this quickly it sets up fast on chilled nougat layer- place back in fridge.
6- Melt together 1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips, and 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter then spread on the top of of third layer in the pan.
7- Return to chill until set up.
8- Store in refrigerator to keep from getting too soft and to aid in cutting and serving.

divinecc Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:09am
post #44 of 126

For some reason the pic didnt attatch...

divinecc Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:17am
post #45 of 126

Here's my favorite!

OH HENRY BARS (MOCK)

1 c sugar
1 c light corn syrup
1 c butterscotch chips
1 c creamy peanut butter
3 c rice krispie cereal
1 c salted peanuts

1- Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil.
2- Remove from heat and add peanut butter, rice krispies and peanuts, mix together well
3- Spread in a buttered 9x13 pan, spread even let cool
4- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together
5- Spread over sugar mixture, let cool and set
6- Cut into squares and serve!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 12:27am
post #46 of 126

divinecc, I just licked my computer screen...............
you guys are driving my taste buds crazy!!!

Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:43am
post #47 of 126

I have updated the Google doc with all of these painfully wonderful recipes. Thank you to everyone who has participated in turning me (back) into a chub! It's a good thing i'm so self confident! Hehehehe.

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:07am
post #48 of 126

Thanks ( Chub) I mean Mel ..icon_smile.gif))

Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:50am
post #49 of 126

Easy Delish Fudge...

1lb Merckens chocolate melts...any flavor, white, dark choc or milk choc
Melt the 1 lb chocolate over double boiler
Add 1 can condensed milk
Stir in condensed milk, will thicken quickly
Add ur choice nuts, fruits, marshmallows, or whatever u want in ur fudge...
Put into 8x8 inch square cake pan lined with wax paper
Refridgerate for a couple of hours
Then cut into any size u would like...
Yummy and not gritty at all...
I use merckens choc, but u could probably use any choc melts
Hope this will be ur new easy fudge...Everyone I give it to luvs it...
Merry Christmas!!!!

divinecc Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 2:42pm
post #50 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

divinecc, I just licked my computer screen...............
you guys are driving my taste buds crazy!!!

icon_lol.gif I started my Christmas candy earlier than I was going to because I couldn't handle it!!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:25pm
post #51 of 126

The nice thing is these are all in the google doc listed in my signature!! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:32pm
post #52 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Oh snap! No she di'int!! Hehehehehe. I will add that new fudge recipe right now! thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 3:36pm
post #53 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:

Oh snap! No she di'int!! Hehehehehe. I will add that new fudge recipe right now! thumbs_up.gif

Mel, you didn't get rid of all your old clothes yet, did ya?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:21pm
post #54 of 126

Yah... I have a few things that are a bit larger for *those bloated days* but most of it's all the smaller stuff. I really enjoyed purging the old closet and giving all those clothes to my sister. Almost as much as I've enjoyed buying a few new things. I haven't been this small since before babies! Yay!

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:27pm
post #55 of 126

You go girl ....If you didn't look like such a hot Mama these days I wouldn't tease icon_smile.gif)
But you know me to well for me not to!!

Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:40pm
post #56 of 126
Quote:

You go girl ....If you didn't look like such a hot Mama these days I wouldn't tease icon_smile.gif)
But you know me to well for me not to!!

Honey, I'd be mad if you DIDN'T pick on me. I mean, come ON! What are we friends for? If I want nice and polite, I'll go out to eat and overtip the ingratiating waiter. Hehehe.

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:07pm
post #57 of 126

LOL...This is why I adore you icon_smile.gif)

Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:09pm
post #58 of 126

icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 4:46pm
post #59 of 126

Ok, here's a general question about making the "Triple Threat"... I want to make it for a family gathering next weekend. Do you guys think I should make home made marshmallow CREME for the middle layer, or home made marshmallow? The creme would be stickier, softer, etc. The marshmallow would be firmer, probably thicker. I know the recipe says creme, I was just curious what you guys thought.

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 5:21pm
post #60 of 126

Hey MEL ,
I just reread that recipe... ummmm..
I'm even wondering how hard it is to get that homemade caramel spread over any Marshmallow creme layer...
I know what it's like to just pour the caramel out on an empty sheet pan!
Seems like it will just melt the Marshmallow pretty fast ?
Maybe I'm not reading the recipe right ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%