Help! Need A Quick, Delicious Filling Idea Fast!

Decorating By missteachypants Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 2:16am by vickie879

missteachypants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missteachypants Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 12:32am
post #1 of 5

Hi guys

My IL's home closing is tomorrow--which I have known about for a week and somehow I failed to get the ingredients I needed for my original filling idea so I need a new one-minimal ingredients in the house right now unfortunately. I used the sky High vanilla buttermilk recipe for the cake. I need a filling idea-not chocolate as FIL doesn't like it. Maybe a pudding or white chocolate one? No fruit in the house so that is out..LOL unless you count a can of cherry pie filling. HELP!

-J

4 replies
psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 12:42am
post #2 of 5

Do you have any oreos? You can mix crushed oreo with bc and that tastes good. Or how about mixing some peanut butter with bc? I've done that and it turns out good too. If you have any of those pudding snack packs you can use those for filling. Hope this helps! Good luck! icon_smile.gif

adding: you can also use jams for filling too. icon_smile.gif

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 12:49am
post #3 of 5

Marth Stewart uses a vanilla swiss meringue buttercream on Vanilla Buttermilk Cake. Any type of puddings you might have could be used. And don't count out the cherry pie filling...I used it as filling in a cherry chip cake with vanilla buttercream and everyone loved it! icon_lol.gif

soupercb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soupercb Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 1:08am
post #4 of 5

I wonder about mixing the cherry pie filling with buttercream....sound yummy to me. I did strawberry preserves with buttercream last week and it was much better than I expected it to be and everyone who ate it raved about it.

GOOD LUCK!

vickie879 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickie879 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 2:16am
post #5 of 5

Do you have any creame cheese? You can make an awesome mousse using 8 oz. creame cheese, 1/2 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of sugar - mix that till it's light and fluffy & add 8 oz. melted candy melts - white chocolate or vanilla would be good with this cake, but you can use any flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%