Wedding Fondant Peeled Off By Maitre'd??

Decorating By bdrider Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 6:30pm by cownsj

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 2:44am
post #61 of 64

I think, myself, using latex gloves would be the same as having peanut butter and nuts in the house or bakery...any customer with a severe allergy is responsible to tell the baker up front.

But...to the OP...I am REALLY sorry this happened!!!! Yikes. thumbsdown.gif

bdrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bdrider Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:17pm
post #62 of 64

Just spoke with the banquet manager at the venue who reassured me it was most definitely NOT the normal procedure to remove fondant before serving it to the guests...

He was rather apologetic and promised he would speak with the captain and call me back after he speaks to the staff.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:41pm
post #63 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrider

Just spoke with the banquet manager at the venue who reassured me it was most definitely NOT the normal procedure to remove fondant before serving it to the guests...

He was rather apologetic and promised he would speak with the captain and call me back after he speaks to the staff.

That sounds good, and I'll be anxious to hear what his return phone call to you is. But I have to wonder if some of this is to distract from any possible refund to the bride. (ok, so she didn't pay you, but they don't know that and the offer should be extended. She could always turn it down, or accept it and give it to you for your labor and efforts to correct a wrong.) Of course his response also begs the question, if that is not the norm, then why would it have happened at all?

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 6:30pm
post #64 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrider

Have you heard back from the banquet manager yet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%