Need A Recipe For 8" Pan That Only Uses 2 Eggs

Baking By CakeItGood Updated 4 Sep 2005 , 6:39pm by unforgetable2u

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 2

No time to go to the store today, and I have an 8" cake to do for tomorrow. Does anyone have recipe ideas that will only take 2 eggs? I have a plethora of cake mixes, sour cream, pudding mixes, flour/sugar, etc. But only two eggs.

This is going to be done in 3" tall pans for a slightly taller cake. I was going to do a lemon cake using either the Durable Cake or the Extender recipe. But I could also make a cake from scratch. Any ideas? Thank you!

Jen

1 reply
unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 2

I found this recipe... sounds good.

Neiman Marcus cake

German or Swiss chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1 stick oleo, soft
8 oz. cream cheese
2 eggs
1 lb. powdered sugar
Mix together cake mix, eggs and oleo. Grease and flour an oblong cake pan. Spread cake mixture in pan. It makes a very thick dough. Then mix cream cheese, eggs and powdered sugar. Pour this mixture over dough in cake pan. Even it out with spoon all around the edges and corners. If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans over the top. Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Take out, let cool. Then cover until serving time.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE
1 Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
2 eggs
12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. cooking oil
Mix all ingredients, pour in cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown.

Yellow Cake Mix
Recipe By : Make Your Own Groceries - Hartwig

1 7/8 cups cake flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir to blend; resift with sugar. Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks crumbly. Label and store in a sealed plastic bag at room temperature. Makes 1 pakage mix. Each package makes two 8 or 9 inch layers or one 9 x 13 x 2 inch rectangle.

TO USE: Pour 1 package of mix into a mixing bowl; add 3/4 cup milk and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract. Using either an electric or manual rotary beater, beat at slow to medium speed for two minutes (by hand, beat 3 minutes averaging 135 strokes per minute). Scrape the sides of the bowl frequently as you beat. Add 2 eggs; beat 1 minute more (2 minutes by hand). Grease and dust with flour your choice of pan(s); spread batter evenly in pans. Bake round cake pans at 375 degrees F. for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; bake the 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake(s) for 10 minutes in their pan(s) before turning out on racks.

EXTRACT FLAVORED CAKES
Replace the vanilla in either the Yellow or White Cake recipes with 2 to 3 teaspoons of the extract of your choice. You may want to add a few drops of food coloring for the flavors like lemon, orange, or cherry, etc.

NOTE: To prevent a cake from sticking to its pan, put the pan on a wet towel to cool as soon as you take it out of the oven.

Hope these help !!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%