Cupcakes And Sheet Cake Boxes

Baking By yummy Updated 14 Nov 2010 , 7:30pm by SPCC

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 7

I need to transport about 60 cc in a sheet box or boxes; what's the most that can be put in a large box. I'm not sure about how they are sized, I haven't done anything larger than 9x13 sheet cake so I've only used a 11x15 box for cakes.

How many can I get in a 11 x 15 and the size after that and beyond.

I'm also thinking about using Khalstead's hot glue method; Khalstead if your out there I would like your input too! TIA

6 replies
SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 7

I can fit 40 in a 19x14 box.

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 7

How is the stability when you put cupcakes in this big boxes? The boxes are so flimsy, I've always worried that it would smash the cupcakes when I put them in. Do you just use to hands and it works, or what?

vkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vkat Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 7

I always place my cupcakes on a cake board, then in the box. I have done this several times and it works well. HTHicon_smile.gif

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 7

I can fit 35-40 cupcakes in a half-sheet-cake sized box (19x14) depending on how they are iced. Like vkat, I also put a cake board in the bottom, then I carefully load the cupcakes one at a time. The cake boxes feel flimsy at first, but putting the top down & taping the flaps really adds to the stability. When kept level and handled with care, the cupcakes sit there happily....I've never had a problem with this method!

DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 7

Somewhere on these boards is a thread that a member started about how she cut plastic cups and glued them down onto a board to help her transport a large amount of cupcakes without them sliding or touching each other. I just don't know who or where as I go months without checking this site.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help but maybe someone knows what I am talking about. Maybe it's a sticky....LOL!!! Let me go look.

ETA: there are no sticky's in the cupcake section. Weird! If someone finds that thread I suggest we get our first sticky in the cupcake section. icon_smile.gif

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkat

I always place my cupcakes on a cake board, then in the box. I have done this several times and it works well. HTHicon_smile.gif

I would do it this way. you can carry them with two hands without the board but I would think it was more sturdy this way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%