I Invite You To Check Out This Cow Cake!!! Whats You Opinion

Decorating By bigwheals Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 8:20am by Coral3

bigwheals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigwheals Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 1:29am
post #1 of 9

I could really use your thoughts on this cake? http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1813287 Click here to view the cake

8 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 1:48am
post #2 of 9

It's very nicely done. I think I would've tried to sneak a couple of flowers onto it. It could've use a little bit of one more color. But you did a great job on it.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 2:15am
post #3 of 9

I'm from the "less is more" school of thought so I love it! I like that it's not covered with every cowboy or cow themed item available. The topper is cute - did you make it or did they special order it?

Only suggestion I have is I might have made each tier a bit taller for more dramatic effect, but your work is terrific! Great job! thumbs_up.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 2:18am
post #4 of 9

Hey Bigwheals, nice cake!

I notice this is the third time in the short time you have been here to "Showcase" a cake you have made in your own thread. Usually, if you are really wanting a "critique" of your cake you can join a group here that will critique your cakes and then you don't have to showcase your cakes in the regular forums.

Also, when you post your cake, when you upload a description, you can ask for constructive feedback.

There are also threads for cakes that members feel are "undernoticed" where everyone gets a chance to display their cakes without having to start a thread for each individual cake.

Hope that helps.

bigwheals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigwheals Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 2:33am
post #5 of 9

3G cakes Thanks for the info can you lead me in the direction so I can join the groups?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 3:27am
post #6 of 9

Look in The Lounge, top sticky thread.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-624760.html

SillyJacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SillyJacs Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 5:23am
post #7 of 9

I saw this cake earlier today when I was looking at your photos. I LOVE this cake. My old college roommate absolutely loves anything cow so I automatically notice things with a cow pattern. Your work is flawless and I also like the "less is more" theory. Great work.

MollyGirl_17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyGirl_17 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 7:49am
post #8 of 9

I really like it. The two-toned roping is excellent. I think a pic with the whole display table would maybe change a few opinions as I can see there are western decorations on the table. I bet all together it was just the right amount!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 8:20am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

It's very nicely done. I think I would've tried to sneak a couple of flowers onto it. It could've use a little bit of one more color. But you did a great job on it.

Agree..just a small touch of colour would be great. Maybe sunflowers? - It wouldn't need many though.

Love the rope.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%