Edible Images, Printers And All That I Completly Ignore...!!

Decorating By sugarlovemom Updated 13 Nov 2010 , 9:34pm by cabecakes

sugarlovemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlovemom Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 6

Hi cc..... I hope i can get some info or you can share anything you know with me! I see edible images all the time, and also know there are some printers you can buy and print these images... that's all i know!!! can you help me with some tips, clues, info, thoughts..... anything will help!! where to buy, costs... ink.... etc....
TIA and God bless.

5 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 6

check out www.icingimages.com and www.kopykake.com both carry cartridges for printers along with having systems available so its one stop shop. You can purchase an epson or cannon from a store but not all are compatible to use, so you'll have to see which ones have ink cartridges for them,

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 6

Hi!

First thing I would do is go to www.icingimages.com
They are AMAZING!!!!!! I bought my Canon IP4700 from Amazon. STAY AWAY from KopyKake....JMO. I bought ink from them before and what a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE mistake. I since have purchased ink from icingimages and what an amazing difference!!!

You HAVE to print at least once a week to avoid clogs. Please, don't ask me how I know about this. =) I use my edible printer as my regular everyday printer to keep the ink flowing.

Edible ink does not have the toxins that make regular ink not clog. Icing sheets can also be purchased from icingimages.

HTH some...
=)
Michael

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 6

if you just need the odd image, some big supertores, or small cake supply shops sell them as well. theres places you can order online from too.
xx

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 6

www.icingimages.com is the way to go if buying.
They have great customer service.
Jodi icon_smile.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 6

If you only need something for one cake, you can get the edible images at Wal mart too. But they won't do anything copyright protected, at least ours won't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%