Cake Disaster

Decorating By verocakes1 Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 8:36pm by JenniferMI

verocakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verocakes1 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 5

I'm only a novice so it's great to see other people sharing there stories. makes me feel a whole lot better knowing i'm not the only one! icon_biggrin.gif

A few weeks ago i made a cake for my neices birthday and it was one of the first times I have tried to make a cake with "tiers", well I didn't really understand how to support the cake and keep it from wobbling. I think my straws were uneven because the cake ended up falling over over night!!!! I saw the top part on the kitchen tabel the next morning and wanted to cry. I managed to salvage the bottom part and piped flowers over the wntire top to cover it because I didn't have time for a re-do. talk about a learning lesson!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 5

Good save!

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 5

sorry that happened to you. I too know what it's like to do a cake and then have it crash icon_cry.gif the good that came out of it was that i learned that if you aren't careful about doweling and the dowel is slanted the support is compromised and cake will fall. I didn't save mine but happy you avoided total cake disaster thumbs_up.gif

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 5

Oh I'm so sorry that happened too. But look on the good side, you salvaged the bottom by piping your pretty flowers & I bet everyone loved it. Good for you! thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 5

Good save! We all start somewhere.....

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%