What Size Pans

Decorating By Sweet_Kakes Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 4:16pm by Sweet_Kakes

Sweet_Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Kakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a sweet 16 birthday cake that will be two teirs and I dont want it to look to small but i dont want it too big either. I was thinking 8 inch and 6 inch but how many of each should i bake?

5 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 6

how many people do you need it to feed? We can give you suggestions, but if it doesn't have enough servings then it won't work.

I personally like 4" tall tiers and a 3" difference between the tiers. So i like to do 6" and 9", but it's all in the look you're going for and the decorations you want to put on the cake.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 6

The first question is always - how many servings do you need? The answer to that question determines the size of the tiers.

Sweet_Kakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 6

I am not too worried about servings the cake is just for my neice and i am surprising her at school and I am sure she will just pass it out to her friends so there is no biggie with that. I really just want the height and tiers to look great.

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 6

I would do either a 6" and 8" or a 6" and 9" - just depending on how big of a difference between tiers you like. I would two cakes of each size, so that it ends up being a nice 4" height for each tier. I hope this helps and I look forward to seeing pics of the final product icon_wink.gif.

Sweet_Kakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caymancake

I would do either a 6" and 8" or a 6" and 9" - just depending on how big of a difference between tiers you like. I would two cakes of each size, so that it ends up being a nice 4" height for each tier. I hope this helps and I look forward to seeing pics of the final product icon_wink.gif.

it does help and thank you so much!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%