How Do I Get Perfect Cupcakes

Baking By VizayCakes Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 11:01am by VizayCakes

VizayCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VizayCakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 9:25am
post #1 of 7

hey everone,
i am thinking of doing cupcakes but i am worried about them all turning out different size an shape...dose anyone have any tips or tricks they could shair?
thanx icon_smile.gif

6 replies
janbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janbabe Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 10:14am
post #2 of 7

once you have put your paper liners (cake cases) in the tin, use a spoon and put a heaped measure in the case. I usually fill my cases just over half full then level each one out with the back of the spoon and bake. Also make sure your oven is the correct temp as cupcakes dont take long to bake. They should all come out level.

Practice makes perfect. If you have a measuring spoon use that if you find the amount fills half the case just nice. this works if you want them level for icing ie a circle of fondant, but if you are piping buttercream, if the cakes are higher or have risen in the middle it doesnt matter quite as much as you can pipe around the any risen cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 10:18am
post #3 of 7

Using an ice cream scoop is also a great way to get the same amount of batter in each cup.

VizayCakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 10:38am
post #4 of 7

ok thanx heaps guys icon_smile.gif
an yea, i was more thinking of a RI, not so worried bout a butter icing or frosting
actuly, what if they come out bumpy, it will show up so badly...maby cut the tops off so they r just flat or will that look stupid?

jenny311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenny311 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 10:40am
post #5 of 7

I use a cookie dough scoop for my cupcakes. One thing to make sure of when doing cupcakes is knowing how high each cupcake recipe rises. Some will rise more than others, so to ensure you don't have stumpy or overflowing cupcakes do experiments with how many scoops you use/what size scoop you use. Hope that made sense.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 11:00am
post #6 of 7

I use glacé for cupcakes, it covers any small imperfections, and ri is similar enough to work the same.
Once u know how much batter to use and how to bake, they should bake pretty smooth on top.
xx

VizayCakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 11:01am
post #7 of 7

yes it dose lol...thanx icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%