Chocolate Mud Cake "too Plain"!

Decorating By Sweet_Toof Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 1:23am by Scarlets-Cakes

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 4

A client has emailed me and asked for other suggestions for her engagement cake.
I usually try sell my chocolate mud cakes but she has said this may be too plain.
I was going to give her these options but wondered if anyone has anything else they can recommend
its going to be a 2 tier cake covered with chocolate fencing and big chocolate curls on top.
The standard choc cake I use is easy and I just add the different oil flavours to the ganache filling

Chocolate mud
Mint choc mud
Coffee choc mud
White mud
Raspberry white mud

maybe I need to steer away from the rich muds... maybe a moist coconut or something, though I don't have recipes for anything else
Can I put a coconut oil through ganache? Or could I stir through fresh coconut...

3 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 12:21am
post #2 of 4

Could you add a liqueur? I don't know how she'd feel about alcohol in the cake...

I drizzle Bailey's onto my mud cakes and let it soak in.

Another one is orange choc.. Use Terry's Chocolate Orange instead of plain choc... If you get that chocolate where you are from??

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 12:56am
post #3 of 4

Sounds yummy.
I think I know of Terry's chocolate.. but if not I can add orange oil to the chocolate anyway.
I was thinking of giving her a couple of options not so chocolate mud cake related....
Though it will have the chocolate fencing and chocolate curls, I guess the inside of the cake needs to be some form of chocolate related...

Scarlets-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 1:23am
post #4 of 4

I know this is an oxymoron, but maybe the bride thinks it's too much chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%