Cake Going On A 6 Hour Car Trip In Summer.... Without Me!!!

Decorating By noahsmummy Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 12:32am by Karen421

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 11:44am
post #1 of 6

any tips?? lol.

it is going to be a carved 3d cake in the shape of an owl with gumpaste accents (wings) covered in fondant...

im stressing something chronic about this. its for my sons cousin.. so its sort of family.. but im still very worried...

5 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 6

It will be fine, as long as you have supports in the cake if it is high, and it is well secured to the cake board. Make sure you give the person taking the cake some non-slip shelving material to put under the cake in the boot of the car, and ensure they have their AC on the whole trip. Fuel/food/pee stops should be brief and parked in the shade when the engine has to be turned off.

I drove a 2 tier cake 6 hours in summer in Spain, and the cake arrived better than I did, with all the worrying and all!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 6

My first thought was - OH Gheesss - but as Dayti said, it will be just fine if you use the correct support. Support is the key, so just take a little extra time putting it together. thumbs_up.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 6

well my first thought was (you may not like it either)...........

The cake leaves my hands & it's someone else's responsibility, BUT if it's your family going to the party & delivering the cake, well I'd be worried too. That said, I agree with Dayti. With care on the driver's part, the cake should be fine.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 6

thankyou for the tips. =) i think still going to be stressing lol. im in australia, and this will transported in the middle of summer, our days can get to about 42 degrees Celsius. hopefully it wont on transport day though..

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 12:32am
post #6 of 6

Make sure you post pictures!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%