Entering A Cake Contest Judged By Duff!!

Decorating By cupadeecakes Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 1:05am by MacsMom

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 12:05am
post #1 of 8

Holy moly...I'm planning on doing one bridal show this Spring and then the other one is having a cake contest judged by Duff Goldman! So I have to do it now! It's got to be a Chattanooga themed grooms cake. It's got to be fabulous but stay a grooms cake. I was thinking about including a man on bended knee proposing. What would you do to keep it grooms looking. This is not even mentioning the "extreme" elements that Duff would love. So far no rules on height, how much has to be edible,etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Yeah! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 12:30am
post #2 of 8

I think it would be cute if you had the groom with one hand behind his back with his fingers crossed.....I think Duff would like a little detail like that, He really seems to get a kick out of the little minute details on the cakes he makes on the show. GOOD LUCK! icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 12:35am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameRaz

I think it would be cute if you had the groom with one hand behind his back with his fingers crossed.....I think Duff would like a little detail like that, He really seems to get a kick out of the little minute details on the cakes he makes on the show. GOOD LUCK! icon_biggrin.gif

I love that idea!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

pammm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammm Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 12:48am
post #4 of 8

There is a facebook page for Duff and a while back they said to submit photos of your best cake and Duff would be choosing three to put his seal of approval on. Never announced winners and doesn't respond to questions about it : (

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 8

Wow! Congrats and Good Luck!! Post pics icon_smile.gif

gsbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gsbcakes Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:17am
post #6 of 8

Good Luck. Cant wait to see pics.

Pammm- on FB that was Buddy's Seal of Approval and he just annouced his first cake today. Its on the Cake Boss FB page.

pammm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammm Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:46am
post #7 of 8

yep! just saw it earlier

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 1:05am
post #8 of 8

A chattanooga train with fog (dry ice) coming out of the stack?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%