Cake Cricut

Decorating By charman Updated 13 Nov 2010 , 5:11pm by shelly-101

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 11

2 weeks ago I went to my local Michael's and saw the Cake Cricut on sale for half price...$200!!! Got a rain check, even asked why it was so cheap...was told they run a good sale now and then.

Today, I called Michael's to see if any had come in so I coudl redeem my rain check...was told it was discontinued! What?!? Has anyone else heard this?

I know they are coming out with a cake mini, so why would they discontinue the big one? Any ideas? Should I call the company and inquire?

So frustrating!
icon_cry.gif

10 replies
cakestars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestars Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 11

i think they're going to have martha stewarts line of cricut cakes. go on ebay...that's where i got mine for $175 brand new in box.

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 11

I have read on the threads that the cake mini is coming out after Thanksgiving for $50.00....I have no other info on this, but I'm waiting to see if this is true...thats the price of 2 silicone molds!
Cathy

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 11

Living in Canada and just bought Cricut cake machine at Michael's in states on Halloween because it was so cheap$150. Came back to Ontario and found no more product in Michael's store. Is it true you can use regular Cricut expression cartriges for cake machine. I hope to get my money's worth on it but should would have liked to know if they are discontinuing this machine or if Michael's will no longer carry cake machine products. Anyone actually hear something from someone who works at Michael's? Any suggestions on how to make own frosting sheets would be appreciated.
p.s. love everyone out there for all your great suggestions. I am learning a lot reading the forum.

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 12:29am
post #5 of 11

The cricut cake mini is available at Joann stores for $199.00 now.

joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 12:39am
post #6 of 11

Yup, discontinuing it for the Martha Stewart brand. Hers is exactly the same it looks like, just a different color. Got mine at Michael's for $149! They said they weren't giving out any rain checks because once they were gone, they're gone.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 11

I feel sick about my parents buying me the thing for a thoughtful, lovely gift. They paid Can$500 and I've barely used it. icon_redface.gif

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 11

Dear Tubbs
The price tag change hurts but if you end up using the machine a lot you will certainly get your monies worth out of it. I feel that even with only the 2 cartriges I have if I practice and use them as much as possible I have gotten my money out of the machine. Just think of all those other people who bought the machine last summer when it came out.. 5 months and now there is something new!

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 2:51pm
post #9 of 11

So the recommendation would be to go ahead and the get the Cricut in red for the cheaper price? They will still support it, right? I will be able to get supplies even thought it will be for the Martha Stewart one, right? I have just read so many mixed reactions...was excited about the price when I saw it, but now concern that I am hearing it is being discontinued...guess a chance I'll have to take, huh?

I can so see the potential assuming I can figure out how to make it work. icon_smile.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 4:42pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by charman

So the recommendation would be to go ahead and the get the in red for the cheaper price? ...
I can so see the potential assuming I can figure out how to make it work. icon_smile.gif

Sorry to say, but my recommendation would be to save your money and your sanity and put the money towards an Agbay or something instead.

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 5:11pm
post #11 of 11

it is a big fat wast of money mine just sits there taking up space. it is hard to use and takes so long to set up and wait for your gumpaste to harden in the freezer for a while because if you don't let it harden it tears while cutting it is faster and easier to just use cutters. that is my opinion and i am one of the dumb dumbs who forked out 500.00 bucks i am kicking my self now wishing i would have bought the edible image printer i had originally saved for. thats my 2 cents sorry still bitter....lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%