Would You Bake And Freeze Or Bake And Leave On Counter Top?

Baking By Chasey Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 2:31pm by sugarMomma

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 3

I work full time and can only bake and decorate at night. I have 48 cupcakes and a 6 inch smash cake due on Friday morning for a party that is on Saturday.

---->Would you bake and freeze everything tonight (Wednesday) so that you could thaw and decorate Thursday night? I've never frozen cupcakes so I am not sure what the liner will do when they defrost.

---->Or do you think baking on Wednesday and serving on Saturday will still give them a moist cupcake? Would I need to store them in something airtight? I don't have enough tupperware for 48 cupcakes!

The request is for the Snickerdoodle cupcake which I'll use a BC Golden Vanilla as the base. Think I'll add a bit of dry pudding to help with moisture.

Your advice on this cupcake time line is appreciated! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 3

I personally would just bake them and than put into frig for the night, just make sure they are cooled before hand and cover with parchment or wax paper and than you should be good. Hope this helps!

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 3

I bake and freeze 99.9% of the time and my cakes are moister when I ice them that way, I suppose the moisture is trapped under the icing. The cupcake liners will be fine. When I freeze cupcakes I put them in a shallow box or cake pan and wrap tightly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%