Freezing Flooded Ri Cookies?

Baking By tsal Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 8:48pm by pattycakesnj

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 11:18am
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I have just learned from reading old posts that it's possible to freeze RI flooded cookies. I need to make 200 for next week, so I'd love to do this in advance.

My question is: I will be freezing them in Tupperware containers separated by waxed paper. When I thaw them, won't the RI melt and smoosh on to the waxed paper of the layer above?

4 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 5

If they are for next week there is no need to freeze them. You can start decorating them now and bagging them as they dry and they will still be fresh. I use the NFSC recipe and am doing 200 cookies too for a wedding next week. I finished baking them on Monday and have started decorating them yesterday and will continue today and the next couple of days until I finish. I have done this many times before and they are still fresh tasting a few weeks later. The shelf life of NFSC is a few weeks.
The other option is to freeze them undecorated and then take them out of freezer next week and decorate. HTH

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, Patty. How do you store them?

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 5

They should be fine after thawing as long as the RI is complete dry before you freeze. I would thaw them at room temperature and don't open the box they are in until they are completely thawed (condensation).

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 5

Once they are bagged and sealed, I just put them in bakery boxes and leave them on a shelf until delivery. (80 done so far for next week, 120 to go, they are taking longer to decorate than I anticipated.) Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%