Food Handler's Certificate Of Managers Food Safety Certifica

Business By sweetestthing09 Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 5:23am by tavyheather

sweetestthing09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetestthing09 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 12:45am
post #1 of 3

I'm looking for a commercial kitchen space and in the meantime wanted to get the correct food certificate required to sell cakes. Which of the above do I need? Since I'm the owner , I need the manager's food safety certificate right?
Oh also , I just called the environmental health department and they told me I can sell my cakes from home as long as it's to friends and acquaintances. I cannot sell to total strangers or advertise , but can use word of mouth!! Yay!

2 replies
sweetonyouzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetonyouzz Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:19am
post #2 of 3

In my area, you can get your proper food handling certification through your health dept as the inspectors teach the classes. Anyone in my province who works with food has to have it, so I was lucky from working in bakeries I had mine...good luck with everythingicon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:23am
post #3 of 3

thats another Q for the local health dept. I believe the requirements vary state to state. I'm in San Diego, and here we need the food manager class, a catering permit, and the certified kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%