I Need Help Pls!!!!!!!

Baking By vaniti716 Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 5:25pm by vaniti716

vaniti716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vaniti716 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 12

I am havin an issue with the buttercreme that uses the french vanilla creamer and heavy whipping cream....it tastes amazing and starts off great but by the end its all lumpy and i honestly do not kno why.....i have tried everything but nothing works, it stays lumpy...i want the taste but i dont know how to get ride of the lums...i need help

11 replies
tomswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomswife Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 12

Can you post the whole recipe? I am thinking you have an issue with the whipping cream turning to butter..but I can't say unless I can research the full recipe. : )

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 12

If there's actual butter in it and it's not all shortening, you might be making some of the butter solidify if you add cold whipping cream to it. If you heat the cream up then add it that might take care of it.

If there's no butter in it then I don't know!

tomswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomswife Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 12

I use all butter and cold whipping cream - but I add the whipping cream about mid way through so that the butter is nearly mixed completely with the sugar, that way it can't react. : )

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 12

Are you whipping the cream too much? Maybe you're inadvertently converting it to butter. I make butter from whipping cream.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Butter-by-Whipping

costumeczar Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife

I use all butter and cold whipping cream - but I add the whipping cream about mid way through so that the butter is nearly mixed completely with the sugar, that way it can't react. : )

Try warming the liquids/whipping cream up in the microwave a little anyway, it might help. I doubt that you're making butter from the whipping cream, unless you're whipping the icing on high for a really long time. Especially if it's mixed in with the sugar, it would take a lot to make it into butter.

vaniti716 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 7:50am
post #7 of 12

hello everyone, thank u soo much for the replies...this is the recipe i am using
Updated French Vanilla Buttercream

Sep

Posted by luvbuttercream in Frostings

Remove from favorites Print Share this Recipe:

UN:F [1.6.8_931]
please wait...
Rating: 10.0/10 (3 votes cast)
I posted a recipe awhile ago and have made some changes since that have made it even better! This recipe is almost pure white and crusts well.
Ingredients
1 cup butter (room temp)
1 cup all vegetable shortening
8 cups icing sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 fluid ounces of International Delight Coffee Creamer
2 fluid ounces unwhipped whipping cream
Instructions
Directions

1. Cream shortening and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
2. Add salt and cream mixture blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional whipping cream if necessary (up to 2 ounces). Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.

it start off amazing and then it messes up!!!!! i am soooo confused and i am slo trying to figure out away to make alot of buttercreme and i cant icon_sad.gif i am such a dummy!

costumeczar Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 12:25pm
post #8 of 12

Get rid of the coffee creamer and add a little vanilla and you have the basic recipe for confectioner's sugar buttercream. You'll need 6 oz of a liquid, whether it's milk, half and half or cream.

Start with creaming the butter and shortening, then add the liquid and beat it until it's smooth. Then add the sugar. I still say that you should try to heat the liquid a little, but if you do it the way that I just described it should work. Use half and half instead of the whipping cream and coffee creamer.

vaniti716 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 12

thank u costumeczar
i will try it...u r the best !!!!!!!!!!!! i will let u know if it works icon_biggrin.gif

vaniti716 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:57am
post #10 of 12

Hey I just wanted to let u all know that my buttercreme issue is resolved....thank u all for the help...now if i could figure out how to make a lot of buttercreme instead of needing to make 3 or 4 batches.

costumeczar Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 11:56am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaniti716

Hey I just wanted to let u all know that my buttercreme issue is resolved....thank u all for the help...now if i could figure out how to make a lot of buttercreme instead of needing to make 3 or 4 batches.

Get a bigger mixer icon_wink.gif

vaniti716 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:25pm
post #12 of 12

lol i tried that and now i have an empty mixer with only a little bit of icing lol.....i dont know what i am doing wrong....i have tried leaving it mixing for longer and it has double a little but nt enough to make a nice amount of icing, so i have tried to add more powdered sugar and then the icing is way tooo sweet.....i am a hot mess!!!! i just learned to do the swiss butter creme the other day so beleive me i am a slow learner....i have an all butter creme cake for this weekend and i honestly dont know how many batches of butter creme i will need to make to cover the cake lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%