In Quick Need Of A Quick Idea From You Awesome Folks...

Decorating By MariaK38 Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 9:55pm by MariaK38

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 8

... hi! I just got a last minute opportunity to sell my treats at a quarter auction tomorrow night. this is something that could work out to be a monthly "gig" for me.
I'm trying to decide what to sell... trying to think of "snacky sweet" types of things that the ladies can snack on while they're bidding and having fun, so nothing too messy. So far, I have peanut butter buckeyes (my specialty) and chocolate dipped pretzel rods with sprinkles. Maybe one more treat?
My MIL suggested a mix of stick pretzels, popcorn, and white chocolate drizzled on, but I don't have any idea of how to make that. I'm a "recipe in front of me" type of baker! icon_smile.gif I also made some cupcakes in cups (layered with buttercream and toppings like andes mints or sprinkles) for a craft fair yesterday, but they didn't sell very well, so I'm a little nervous about doing that. What about cake pops, maybe?
Any ideas? Thanks!

Maria

7 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 8

Oh make bourbon balls!! They are always a hit.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 8

Dipped "chocolate sandwich cookies" (you know the brand) are dead easy. You don't even need the molds. I dip them and then put them on a cookie sheet lined w/wax paper. Pop them in the fridge to set up. Super easy to match the candy melt color and/or sprinkles to the event colors or them.

A friend has requested that I dip the holiday candy cane ones in mint chocolate and then add more crushed candy cane as sprinkles on top.

Kristy

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 8

A couple of ideas might be just regular cake balls; I know they are always a hit a school fund-raisers. And another idea could be those pecan twist things. I don't know what their actually called but they taste fantastic. You just use a bowtie pretzel, put a caramel cube and pecan on top and bake it in the oven on waxed paper until the caramel melts (this only takes a few minutes). Let it cool and then dip it in or drizzle chocolate over it. Sorry I don't have an actual recipe for it. I will warn you though, they are very addictive.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 12:08am
post #5 of 8

Find some large strawberries or something and make some gourmet dipped fruit....like double dipped (white chocolate first, then milk or dark chocolate, showing some of the white layer at the top)....or chocolate dipped then in nuts....and then put each one in a paper candy cup.

MariaK38 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 12:13am
post #6 of 8

thanks everybody! you've got me thinking!

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 12:27am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

A couple of ideas might be just regular cake balls; I know they are always a hit a school fund-raisers. And another idea could be those pecan twist things. I don't know what their actually called but they taste fantastic. You just use a bowtie pretzel, put a caramel cube and pecan on top and bake it in the oven on waxed paper until the caramel melts (this only takes a few minutes). Let it cool and then dip it in or drizzle chocolate over it. Sorry I don't have an actual recipe for it. I will warn you though, they are very addictive.

I've seen this done w/a Rollo candy and the square grid pretzels. She baked the Rollo & pretzel and the pressed the pecan in when they came out of the oven & were still soft/warm.

I'm scared to make them for fear I would EAT THEM ALL!!! muhahahaha

Kristy

MariaK38 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 8

hey! I decided to do some dipped oreos and a snack mix with corn chex, pretzels, peanuts, m&m's, and white chocolate. My cousin calls it "Christmas Crack!" I hope I sell it all!
Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%