Please Help. Yo Gabba Gabba

Decorating By nurse_yoohoo Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 1:49am by AmysCakesNCandies

nurse_yoohoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nurse_yoohoo Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 8

I need some serious help. I make all my nieces and nephews birthday cakes. A soon to be three year old is dead set on a Yo Gabba Gabba cake. I don't have a clue how to pull this one off or even what a Yo Gabba Gabba is icon_cry.gif

Oh yeah, these parties are always pretty big.

Any ideas?

7 replies
lovenintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovenintheoven Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 8

Search the cake galleries here, you will get tons of ideas! It's one of those kid's shows I just don't get, but the kids love it!

katibeth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katibeth88 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 8

Have you googled it? Yo Gabba Gabba is a children's television show. My nephew LOVES it icon_smile.gif
There are like 4 monsters that dance around and sing. (Kinda wierd at first, but the show grows on you)

Anyway, I just saw where someone posted a Yo Gabba Gabba cake today. I thought it was super cute. It was 3 tiers and each tier was the top half of one of the monsters. If the kid watches it at all, he/she will recognize the characters right away.

There's also a boom box on the show and a lot of 80's type graphics. I'm sure you could find an episode on youtube or something.

Hope this helps!

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 8

I actually have done two cakes in this theme. There are 5 characters...3 boys and 2 girls. I did three tiers for each and a character per tier, and added the items for that character. I then did DJ lance, (he is kinda like the ring master) I hate this show...as the smash cake. PM me your email and I will be more than happy to email you both to check out.

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 8

I did a yo gabba gabba cake for my granddaughter's 3rd birthday in Sept. I molded the 5 characters out of rkt and covered them in fondant. I also made the boom box and did 2 tier cake for all of them. She loved it. I attached a link.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1809551.html

Shrages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shrages Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:44am
post #6 of 8

If you think those requests are odd. I have received a request to make a cake in the shape of a hand truck logo - pictured on the top left of this page here http://handtrucks2go.com/ any ideas anyone?

Mommy2ThreeBoys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy2ThreeBoys Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 1:01am
post #7 of 8

There's lots of Yo Gabba Gabba cakes on CC. I just searched it and got some ideas already for my son's birthday that's in May. He loves that stupid show!

AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 1:49am
post #8 of 8

There is a Yo Gabba Gabba episode where they give Brobee (the green striped monster) a 2 D cake of himselk for his birtday. It might be cute to do that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%